Author Topic: Huh - I'm not alone!  (Read 3585 times)

Offline wj74

• Posting Member
Wow, after so many years of living with gyne in private shame, it's so cool to see a forum like this.  I've never been alone!

I'm 38 yrs old and been living with gyne since I was 13 or 14 - proudly I can declare I am 1 month post op, and I've never felt better about myself!  Should have done this years ago.

I wore the t-shirts to the pool, waterslide, beach etc.  I had special tight wifebeaters that I selected depending on the shirt I was wearing. It's a humiliating condition, and I've heard every comment and insult over the years.  Same story as everyone else.  Luckily I'm a decent looking guy, in high school and beyond I've always dated beautiful women.  But taking my shirt off in front of them for the first time... 

What prompted me to get the surgery is this: I met my wife in university.  Our relationship spanned 16 years with 10 years of marriage.  She left me in January, and I needed to do things for me.  The gyne was a constant source of shame for me and her, so I decided to do something about it - I needed to reinvent myself.  So I hit the gym like a mofo - I've shed 43 pounds since November, 35 pounds since my wife left.  I'm now 175 pounds, 6' and pretty cut.  As mentioned, I'm one month post op, and I have chest definition!!  I can wear size small fitted tight shirts!!  No more hunched shoulders!!  Tears are in my eyes as I type this.

I'm now dating a beautiful woman who knows everything and has been very supportive.  We joke that we've both had boob jobs, it's something we share in common. lol.  My ex-wife has been extremely supportive, she helped me through the first couple of days and payed for half.

My one month results are amazing.  I look forward to the 6 month mark to see the final result.  I've just returned to the gym and am back on my routine. 

To anyone debating getting the surgery, debate no more.  Please read this and be inspired.  Get it done, it's life altering.  There is a severe psychological trauma associated with this condition - I know because I lived it.  Dealing with gyne becomes part of our daily routine.  I've broken free and it's the best thing I've ever done for me.

I'll proudly answer any questions about my experience.

Cheers.

Offline HopeExceedesMe

I'm so glad for you! Way to live your life, champ!!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Many if not most of us feel very much alone early on. The truth is that the condition is so common that we would have to be considered common. We are no more odd than someone with blue eyes or red hair.

Welcome, we are all in the same boat here.
Grandpa Dan

Offline carpediem

• Posting Member
Im glad to hear you are doing well....I just heard of gyne yesterday I started doing reseach after i took a shirtless picture (i took the pic because on monday i started working out whith a trainer and wanted to have a b4 pic) I already have set an appointment with a doctor for tomorrow.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024