Author Topic: 3.5-4 months post surgery.. Still depression/crease/crater weird scar (pics)  (Read 7766 times)

Offline silentsam

• Posting Member
I posted pictures and got some great response from doctors from my previous thread.

Unfortunately, my issues post surgery have not gone away.

My doctor at my 3 month checkup said things will be getting better and that it is natural for us all to have some change in appearance with movement... Which I never had and don't think he's correct with my case. He doesn't seem concerned yet but didn't give me many answers.

I have a depression/divot/crease when completely relaxed on the right side - the side that had more work done to it.

The left sides concerns were just that the nipple and area were still puffy. Doc gave me steroid injection and it has made this a lot better..

The right side where this depression/crater has occured is also much different/smaller than the left pec.
The scar is also weird looking on my right side.
There is still pain around the area, too. tenderness and slight sharp pain when really pressed in.

It shows a hollow crater when I lift my hands above my head or 'slightly' flex.

When I put my hand away from my body there's a line and fold from my pec major/minor in the corners that makes my chest look weird compared to my left.. here:

I was a type 1 on the left - puffy nipples from the gland
Type 2 on the right - puffy nipples with gland beyond slightly increased beyond the areola.
Doc said for me it would be a simple surgery.
I have posted a picture below of another guy who has something similar to what I had - his is slightly more severe

The surgery itself was great - no pain. I had pretty bad fluid on the right side (bad side) that I could touch and move around, but this went away after 2 weeks.

Anyway, I thought I did everything right. I was probably 6-7% bodyfat for the surgery, so that the gland and fat could not be mistaken and it would be easier for doctor.
Then I wore compression vest for 6 weeks, then just at night, which I am still doing.

I had gland excision under local. My doctor, whom was one of a select few recommended by Dr Jacobs for California/oc, said that no lipo would be needed due to me being an athlete and with low bodyfat.
I have always stored my excess fat in my chest, so I was unsure but he said it was the way to go, so I trusted him.

I just don't know what to do from here. Maybe it needs more healing time? I just thought I would be in a better place at this stage.

Ironically, when I asked about the cost, I was told that I could go with a cheaper doctor that does gynecomastia surgery but a lot come to this doctor for revision due to not being happy with the results..
I am afraid I am probably now having to do revision regardless! And I thought I was an easy case.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 03:40:07 AM by silentsam »

Offline silentsam

• Posting Member
I just noticed that I am now developing a crater on my left side now -It isn't as severe as the right side. But I am alarmed that I could develop a crater this long after surgery.
I had steroid injection in it 3 weeks ago for it being puffy and full of some scar tissue..

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
These are problems that you should discuss with your surgeon.  You are still in the active phase of healing -- at least six months or more is needed to fully assess the results of your operation.  At that time, sit down with your surgeon and discuss the problems that you see and ask him for an explanation of what can be done to fix it, if needed.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
You still need more time . I either have not seen or do not remember your previous photos. During muscular contractions it is not unusual to see some alterations in the soft tissues.It is possible you may benefit for a revision but in any case it is still too soon to have  surgery. Time will tell.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024