Author Topic: Questions To Ask At Consultation  (Read 1745 times)

Offline Najsinger

Hello Everybody!

My name is Nick.

I have been a member here for many years now, always being inspired by the many of you who have gone on to see success with having the surgery. Well the time has finally come for me to hopefully share in your happiness. I currently have 4 consultations scheduled with various surgeons coming up (with the first being on tomorrow morning) very soon. I was wondering if anyone knew of where I could find a list of some type, including questions that I need to ask at the consultation. I have my own questions, of course, but what I don't want to happen is I get there, ask those questions, and then realize I should have asked x,y,z after I after leave. So if someone could point me to somewhere on the net where a list would be or even posts questions you had for your Surgeon during your consultation, that would be amazing.

Thanks everyone for the support and inspirations you have been to me over the years without even knowing it.

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
The website for the American Society of Plastic Surgery has a lot of information including the following checklist:

Use this checklist as a guide during your consultation
Are you certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery?
Were you trained specifically in the field of plastic surgery?
How many years of plastic surgery training have you had?
Do you have hospital privileges to perform this procedure? If so, at which hospitals?
Is the office-based surgical facility accredited by a nationally- or state-recognized accrediting agency, or is it state-licensed or Medicare-certified?
Am I a good candidate for this procedure?
What will be expected of me to get the best results?
Where and how will you perform my procedure?
What surgical technique is recommended for me?
How long of a recovery period can I expect, and what kind of help will I need during my recovery?
What are the risks and complications associated with my procedure?
How are complications handled?
What are my options if I am dissatisfied with the outcome of my surgery?
Do you have before-and-after photos I can look at for this procedure and what results are reasonable for me?

I'm not able to post a link to the site, but you can find it easily on a search.  

Good luck,

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com