Author Topic: (Photos)WORST GYNO Please Please i need help :'( please experts help !  (Read 3796 times)

Offline smooker666

i'm 22 yo male ... i always suffered from over weight ... and now im suffering with gynocmastia

i do exercise everyday now and my weight now is 94kg and my height is 184cm ... here is pics of my chest ..

so please tell me is this gyno or just fat ? its so bad that i cant swim because of it and im always shy at the gym :'(

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
It is great that you lost a substantial amount of weight. You have two issues related to your gynecomastia. The first is increased breast tissue ,both fat and glandular tissue.The excess tissue needs to be removed.The second issue is skin elasticity which is decreased in your case. The decreased skin elasticity will adversely influence the final result and most likely require additional treatment.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
I would agree that you do have gynecomastia, and you would certainly benefit from surgical correction, as even additional weight loss will not completely resolve your issues. Based on your photos, you most likely will require removal of the breast tissue as well as skin excision to tighten the chest wall skin.  You should find a surgeon who is experienced with this sort of surgery, as it is more complicated that a run-of-the-mill gynecomastia correction.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I agree with my colleagues.

When one is overweight, the skin stretches out and that is a one way street.  Once the skin has lost elasticity, the standard minimal incision operations for gyne do not work.  Rather, attention must be paid to remove the remaining excess tissue (usually gland with a little bit of fat), remove the excess skin to tighten the chest skin, and then re-positionthe nipple to a more normal position (the areolar diameter can be reduced in the same process.

This is lengthy and complicated surgery.  Suggest you consult several expert plastic surgeons to gather their ideas for treatment.  unfortunately, there is no simple way to treat your condition.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline smooker666

Thank you so much doctors for your answers ,

i really think that it doesn't worth the risk of doing an operation like this one because as you told me it's more complicated than normal gynecomastia surgery and to be honest im not ashamed of it i always go out to swim and sometimes to be honest people look at me , but in the end of the day i really don't care because it's not affecting my life in any negative way .

my last question is , recently i started to do strength trainings , and i noticed that the shape of my chest is getting better , so do you think should i go forward and melt the fat in my chest ? because i heard that if lose the fat in my chest it would be worst ? is that true ? please let me know .

thank you so much again !

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Obviously, if you can live with it then all power to you. 

Losing weight and building muscle is great for your body (and mind).  However, realistically speaking, the skin cannot tighten up sufficiently even with larger pec muscles.  And although you may lose weight (ie fat), breast tissue does not respond to weight loss -- it remains.  Hence, you will not be able to exercise off and "melt" the fat on your chest because a good part of it isn't fat -- it's breast tissue.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
I would agree with Dr. Jacobs.  You can get improvement, but your chest appearance will never be "normal" due to the excess breast tissue (non-fatty tissue) and skin laxity and large areola. You may be able to get to a point where you are satisfied, however, and if that's the case, you could avoid surgery.

RS

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024