Author Topic: Moobman's Moobs - Pictures Included  (Read 2754 times)

Offline moobman

• Posting Member
Hi Guys. I have spent all evening reading the forum and have built up the confidence to do two things that I have never done before.

1) Take pictures of my moobs
2) Post the pictures online for all to see

I have looked at some of the pictures posted and honestly can say that I would love to be in the position of some of the folks on this forum who have very small issues and are considering surgery.

I have dealt with this problem since my early teens and always covered up with baggy clothes or more recently, bought sports tops that constrict the chest and reduce movement when moving around. In the past, I have have bought extra small vests and pulled them down into my underwear in the hope that they chest would be flattened. I never wear T Shirts and would NEVER dream of taking my top off on holiday or even at home amongst friends and family.

Enough's enough. I need to do something about this. My life's a mess because of them. I have considered working out hard and losing weight but tried once before and couldn't really shift or hide the moobs.

I'm resigned to the fact that I need surgery. I am guessing from how my chest looks in comparison to others that I may need more work than some people have undergone. I guess what I am looking for by making this post is some kind of feedback from some experts and perhaps people who have been in my position on what process I will need to go through and how much I can expect it to cost.

And here are the movers and shakers:

Thank you in advance for any advice you may be able to give.

hammer

Your surgery will be much more extensive then someone with mild gynecomastia due to requiring replacement of nipple location and skin extraction. This will probably leave more scaring too, but then you need to weigh what is worse, scares or big breast? I myself have had the big breast so long don't think much of them any more, and have other health issues that over shadow the gyne, but what works for me may not work for another of coarse!

If you decide to go with surgery, do your homework and find a surgeon that is very experience with your kind of case to get the best results. Let that be your guild, not price!

Best of luck, and welcome to the forum, you should be able to find a lot of good advice here.

Bob

Offline roar

• Posting Member
were you sitted or standing while taking these pics?

Offline moobman

• Posting Member
Pictures were taken standing up.

Thanks for the comments Hammer. I am based in London, U.K.  Would anyone be able to suggest a surgeon who would be best placed to deal with my problem?

The consultation fees can get quite expensive if you visit a few different clinics. If I knew who to see, I could narrow the options a little and find a surgeon I was comfortable with?

Offline moobman

• Posting Member
Just want:

The chance to take off my suit jacket at a party without any doubts about how I will look.
The chance to pick a plain shirt or t shirt and not have to think whether it will cover up my chest.
The chance to not have to wear 3 or 4 layers in the hope that the moobs won't stick out too much.
The chance to get changed in a gym or pool without being humiliated.
The chance to live a normal life.

Offline gul94

• Posting Member
We all know how your feeling man. I couldnt stand to look at myself so i decided to workout hard and lost 50 lbs. Even though it did not make a big improvements on my chest, I know it was a right choice because im alot healthier. I also worked my butt of so i can raise the money and it was to spend it between that and a car but to me that was a clear choice. Take a first step man. Do some lifechanges

Offline moobman

• Posting Member
Cheers Gul. Wise words indeed.

I have been working hard and have managed to save enough for surgery. Anything more than what I have saved and I may need to rely on credit.

Life changes have also begun. Walking, cycling and healthy eating (well, a lot more than before anyway!)

Can some of the more experienced members suggest a London or UK clinic/surgeon that could deal with my moobs?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Yes, you have fairly large moobs and surgery would probably be the best alternative for you.

However, you may not need as extensive an operation as may be apparent.  I have operated on many men similar to you.  It all comes down to how elastic your skin is.  Sometimes aggressive removal of gland and fat with a minimal scar technique can be followed by astonishing tightening of the skin without need for skin removal and nipple elevation.  The result is often a decent (perhaps not perfect) chest with a little residual fold at the infra-mammary area.

If you go to my website (listed below) and check out the photo gallery, you can see what I mean in patient # 52. 

I like to offer minimal scar surgery to my patients with the thought that a 90% improvement with a small infra-mammary fold and minimal scars might be better than a 100% results with a lot of scars.

Also, if, after 6 months, there is still some mild lax skin, one can always have a more minor procedure to remove the last remnants of lax skin.  Since the skin would have had six months to tighten, there would be less excess skin to deal with and hence the scars would be smaller.

This is what I call a "two-stage" operative plan -- and the advantage is that we have not burned any bridges behind us.

Food for thought to discuss with your surgeon.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024