Author Topic: Living with this Gynecomastia is hell!!  (Read 3659 times)

Offline swtearl

I'm glad I found this site because I thought I was the only one dealing with this. 

I'm a 51 year old male 6'1 280 lbs. (I know I'm overweight) and I've been dealing with Gynecomastia as long as I can remember.   

It started when I was about 14 years old...I developed breast.  It was sooo embarrassing!  When we would have gym class and would have to play shirts vs skins and I would have to take off my shirt was traumatizing!  I would get talked about and laughed at.

As a adult...I've never taken off my shirt in public...I don't go swimming or anywhere else I have to take off my shirt.   When my wife and I first made love I didn't want to take off my shirt...she made me take it off!

One strange thing...My dad had the exact same condition! 

I guess this is something that I have to deal with the rest of my life...don't have the money for lipo and I doubt the insurance company would pay for it!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The condition seems to run in my family too.

We are all in the same boat here so you are far from alone.

There are some Insurance plans that will cover the condition but they are the exceptions and they are expensive policies that few would opt for.

Go to the index menu and scroll down to the bottom of the page. You should find some interesting statistics regarding the number of people who have logged in etc.

Welcome aboard.
Grandpa Dan

Offline swtearl

I just thought about it...I have 3 sons and 1 has it also! So that's my father, me and one son all with the same condition

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
One of the reason's given for denial of coverage is that the condition is so common that it must be considered as "normal" unless there is some pathology. Actual pathology is possible, but rare.

Many insurance carriers recommend that the primary treatment should be counseling. What kind of crap is that?

In the art of ancient Egypt and Greece there are instances of men depicted with small but fully formed breasts so it is clear that the condition has been common for ages.

The problem is that a young man who has the condition does not see it as normal and sometimes the suffering can be intense. It has a considerable psychological impact on many men.

Compounding the problem is the fact that many are marketing exercise equipment or bogus herbal cures. Those things are only effective at reducing your bankroll.

The good news is that safe and effective surgery has been available for some time now to reduce the male breast. It is specialized surgery though as the Surgeon is as much a Sculptor as a Doctor. Be careful that any Surgeon you seek out has demonstrated a special interest and experience in this particular procedure.

Offline crow

• Gold Member
  • All a big help thanks
One of the reason's given for denial of coverage is that the condition is so common that it must be considered as "normal" unless there is some pathology. Actual pathology is possible, but rare.

Many insurance carriers recommend that the primary treatment should be counseling. What kind of crap is that?

In the art of ancient Egypt and Greece there are instances of men depicted with small but fully formed breasts so it is clear that the condition has been common for ages.

The problem is that a young man who has the condition does not see it as normal and sometimes the suffering can be intense. It has a considerable psychological impact on many men.

Compounding the problem is the fact that many are marketing exercise equipment or bogus herbal cures. Those things are only effective at reducing your bankroll.

The good news is that safe and effective surgery has been available for some time now to reduce the male breast. It is specialized surgery though as the Surgeon is as much a Sculptor as a Doctor. Be careful that any Surgeon you seek out has demonstrated a special interest and experience in this particular procedure.
Yes agreed look for someone that knows what their doing good luck
This is a great site and all should be proud to take part........

Offline crow

• Gold Member
  • All a big help thanks
Look for a good PS if you want to do something but if you can live with it your strong and don't worry about others ..Good luck

Offline newconfidence

• Posting Member
I'm glad I found this site because I thought I was the only one dealing with this. 

I'm a 51 year old male 6'1 280 lbs. (I know I'm overweight) and I've been dealing with Gynecomastia as long as I can remember.   

It started when I was about 14 years old...I developed breast.  It was sooo embarrassing!  When we would have gym class and would have to play shirts vs skins and I would have to take off my shirt was traumatizing!  I would get talked about and laughed at.

As a adult...I've never taken off my shirt in public...I don't go swimming or anywhere else I have to take off my shirt.   When my wife and I first made love I didn't want to take off my shirt...she made me take it off!

One strange thing...My dad had the exact same condition! 

I guess this is something that I have to deal with the rest of my life...don't have the money for lipo and I doubt the insurance company would pay for it!

Have you considered getting the surgery done in country like India where the cost would be abt $1000 for surgery? Just had my surgery done 2 days ago in India and I know in countries like US or Europe the costs are very high.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024