Author Topic: Electrolysis and Laser treatments before gynecomastia  (Read 1581 times)

Offline flatness13

• Silver Member
Hi. I have an important question. The technicians I'm going to do not know.
I'm having permanent hair removal done which includes the chest. I did laser before but now I'm having electrolysis. I don't know if you are familiar with it. The side effects are swelling, redness, pigmentation change etc. Most of this last for 4 to 6 weeks but it's still in a healing process for months afterwards.

How long after this can I have the surgery done?
Thanks in advance.

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
I would have no problem doing a procedure a few weeks after laser hair removal, but I'm not sure about electrolysis.  I would think you should be okay by 6 weeks after the treatment.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
I would agree with Dr. Silverman. Also laser ,with multiple treatments, can permanently remove hair with less risk than electrolysis.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline flatness13

• Silver Member
Thank you for the responses. Yes, generally in about a month I feel as though my skin has recovered from electrolysis(but it's still somewhat sensitive compared to areas that haven't been treated), and what remains is light redness but I am told that this is minor hyper pigmentation that will go away completely in 6 to 8 months.

This is really the plan to change my life, because the gyno and unwanted body hair is what has held me back for so long. I would be very happy if I can get both done without too much time in between so that I can go on with my life.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024