Author Topic: Pre Surgery Mammogram?  (Read 3785 times)

Offline Keep_It_Moving

• Silver Member
I'm planning on getting the surgery within the next 6-9 months. Currently on a heavy cutting plan while my hormones balance out.

I was wondering if a Mammogram of my chest would be helpful for the PS?

Thank you to those that reply....

hammer

I don't think you need to get one on your own, if your doctor wants or needs one at that time he/she will order one. No need for you to spend your hard earned money now.

Bob

Offline Keep_It_Moving

• Silver Member
Thanks Hammer..

I have health insurance so it would cover the costs, except for my 20 copay. My primary doctor knows my situation and ordered one but let me put the date on it whenever I want to have it done. Just want to see if PC's prefer to see one or not...

Either way, I'll have it done since it's covered through my insurance.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I very rarely order a mammogram prior to surgery unless I have a suspicion of something more serious.  My actual operation is determined by the nature of the tissues I encounter during surgery and I am well versed in dealing with all of them. 

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Keep_It_Moving

• Silver Member
I very rarely order a mammogram prior to surgery unless I have a suspicion of something more serious.  My actual operation is determined by the nature of the tissues I encounter during surgery and I am well versed in dealing with all of them. 

Dr Jacobs

Thank you Dr. Jacobs for responding. I'm curious, what do you find when u order one due to something being more serious?

Thanks!

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I usually order a mammogram if there are certain suspicious findings on physical exam or by the patient's history.  To date, I have ordered one male mammogram!

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024