Author Topic: Question about fat after massive weight loss  (Read 2055 times)

Offline s00ntobe

• Silver Member
I'm 19 and 5'6 and i've lost about 118 pounds i went from 248- 130, i was overweight ever since 2nd grade and over summer i gained about 15 pounds, but i'm back on my diet,I went to my doctor and told him when i got to 130 pounds my chest fat, some belly and love handle fat was still there and he told me after losing a massive amount of weight as i did the stubborn fat does not go away and my only option is liposuction of the chest/belly/love handles, is that true?
Also to add, my chest is all fat no gland, at least that's what the doctor said

~Thank you !
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 02:48:21 PM by s00ntobe »

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Congratulations on your substantial weight loss.  You are now much healthier!!

One of the bugaboos about weight loss is that one cannot dictate where the weight will come off and where it will remain -- and it is different on every person.  In essence, you may still have some stubborn pockets of fat -- and probably some lax skin as well.  You probably still have some excess tissue on your chest, which is usually the breast tissue that you had when you were heavier -- breast tissue doesn't decrease with weight loss.

Would suggest you consult with an experienced plastic surgeon to deal with your "lax birthday suit."  This will require surgery to tighten it up and make the skin now fit your trimmer body.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline s00ntobe

• Silver Member
Congratulations on your substantial weight loss.  You are now much healthier!!

One of the bugaboos about weight loss is that one cannot dictate where the weight will come off and where it will remain -- and it is different on every person.  In essence, you may still have some stubborn pockets of fat -- and probably some lax skin as well.  You probably still have some excess tissue on your chest, which is usually the breast tissue that you had when you were heavier -- breast tissue doesn't decrease with weight loss.

Would suggest you consult with an experienced plastic surgeon to deal with your "lax birthday suit."  This will require surgery to tighten it up and make the skin now fit your trimmer body.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs

Thank you doctor it has been 6 months since i've lost the weight, should i go see one or should i wait a few more months to see if my skin tightens, what would you suggest?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
After six months, your skin will have tightened pretty much as best as it can -- doubt if any further tightening will occur spontaneously.  Not a bad idea to consult several plastic surgeons so that you could get varied opinions.  If you do decide upon surgery, do not let the fee be the determining factor -- go with your gut feelings about the doctor (after carefully researching him, of course.)  In the long run, you will forget the fee if your results are good.

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024