Author Topic: Gyno test  (Read 1183 times)

Offline khiladi256

• Posting Member
 I am from india . Can someone tell me what kind of test  i will have to go through to know the cause of gyno. How much will the test cost ? I am afraid what if i have knilefelter syndrome. I am from jaipur india.

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Genetic testing is probably required to determine if you have Klinefelters syndrome, but your doctor may be able to tell if that's a likelihood based on your history and physical exam.  He may be able to give you a reason for your gynecomastia without any testing.

Most patients who develop gynecomastia do not have any sort of genetic abnormality, nor do they have any sort of long-term hormonal problem.  It results from hormonal fluctuations that occur normally during puberty and resolve in adulthood.  The majority of patients--about 95%--see resolution of their gynecomastia, but the remaining 5% will have persistence into adulthood, unless they have surgical correction. In these patients, no expensive testing is required, but it's generally obvious from history that the gynecomastia is the typical sort that develops during puberty.

I hope that's helpful.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com