Author Topic: Gyno frustration and depression - please help  (Read 2021 times)

Offline monaba

Hello!

I am seeking help for my gyno. this curse has literally ruined my life and confidence is something alien to me. I had one lipo and 2 gyno surgeries over the past 3-4 years and I still hate the way my chest looks. I still have puffy nipples, and I am not sure, but immediately post surgery my chest looks slightly better then as time passes by I think gyno reoccurs. I used to be overweight, but not to the extent where I would develop man boobs! I worked so hard at the gym and tried different kinds of diets, nothing apparently works. I live a very healthy lifestyle, for more than two years now, which makes it ever more frustrating. I don't know if I have hormonal imbalance because I also suffer from hair loss (I'm only 23 and already have recession in my hair line, it is in the family though)and my beard grows amazingly quick.

I attached three photos: before, after having gynecomastia surgery number 1, and after having gynecomastia surgery number 2 (I am currently 4 weeks post operation). I know it is supposed to be too soon to judge, but I've been down this road before and I know my chest is not going to flatten all of sudden. I suffer from extreme anxiety, attention disorder, and severe depression.

I already talked to my doctor that I am unhappy with the results. He's a nice guy, he said let's wait. I am gonna hit the gym for the next three months and see. But again, been through that and nothing changes.

I am in the beginning of my career and I don't wanna let this ruin my future. I already worry too much about gyno and hair loss. I need to focus on my career. Please advise what should/can I do about my gyno.

Offline monaba

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
It's difficult to say from the photos, but it looks like you haven't had adequate resection of the tissue under the nipple (the "gland").  None of us can really comment further without knowing exactly what was done in the surgical procedure.  I have found that surgeons who don't do a lot of gynecomastia surgery tend to be less aggressive with their procedures, which may be safe in terms of avoiding over-resection or crater deformities, but may also leave too much tissue behind to achieve satisfaction for the patient.  It would probably be worth your while to get an opinion from a surgeon who focuses on gynecomastia in his or her practice.  At this point, it's really too early to make any definitive judgement, but having someone look at it now and six months from now might give you direction.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery