Author Topic: Punched - a week after surgery  (Read 1857 times)

Offline stefanmcg

Hello guys, I'm a long time lurker and finally a member. So I had my surgery 8 days ago, and it was went fine. I had my gyno removed and lipo done around the nipple and I think all over my chest.
Anyways after 8 days I was finally almost healed. I didn't tell any of my friends and I ended up meeting up with some of them 2 days ago. One of them jokingly punched me lightly in the left nipple. It swelled almost instantly a lot so I went home used ice and it went down significantly but not completely. There isn't any pain, redness or bruising. Currently it the area about one inch around the nipple is a bit swollen and hard to the touch. Also the nipple itself is puffy.  I'm afraid that scar tissue is forming or this will remain like this forever. Will the swelling eventually go down or I totally ruined my results? My case of gyno was very mild so my left chest looks pretty much like it used to before the surgery.

Also, going to get it checked with my surgeon is not an option. I got the surgery done very far away so to get a checkup I will have to purchase a plane ticket or drive 6 hours.   

Thank you for reading this.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
There is no way anyone can offer an opinion on this -- it will just have to sort itself out by itself.

You should be in touch with your surgeon, however -- and perhaps email a photo of your chest to him for his opinion.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Agree with Dr. Jacobs. Most certainly contact your surgeon and send a photo.  Localized trauma at that early point could result in a small hematoma or seroma (fluid collection), which may resolve on its own, but if not should be addressed.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline stefanmcg

Dr's,

Thank you both for your responses. The swelling is barely noticeable but it bothers me. Is it possible to self diagnose this issue? Is it a terrible idea to use a syringe to find out if there is fluid? No fluid = no Seroma.

Thank you!

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
Yes it is a terrible idea for you to use a syringe on yourself to see if there is fluid! Small amounts of fluid may accumulate after surgery and typically resolve with time.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024