Author Topic: Considering surgery - risky case?  (Read 1594 times)

Offline ahp80

Hey everybody,

After dealing with this since puberty 15 years ago, I'm considering having surgery. As you can see, I'm a pretty thin guy (6'0" 170 lbs) and I can feel a rather large area of glandular tissue beneath both of my nipples, so I'm concerned that it would be a difficult procedure for me and therefore would have a high risk of a botched operation. I plan on having a consultation with a surgeon soon, but just wanted to see if anyone with experience has thoughts as to whether the risk is worth it.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Not risky with the right surgeon.

But make sure you have a well qualified cosmetic surgeon who does this kind of procedure regularly.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You do appear to have gynecomastia on top of a muscular physique -- a good candidate for surgery.

Obviously this is elective surgery -- not an emergency.  Therefore, do your homework and research very carefully for experienced gyne surgeons in your area.  Consulting with such a surgeon should provide you with the reassurance that you are seeking.  Youo can also consider traveling if need be.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline henry 41

• Bronze Member
Your chest is absolutely normal - aesthetically beautiful - muscular, symmetrical, defined - a sculptor's dream. I beg you, do not risk disfigurement. It happens so very often from surgeries, as evinced by the many "after" photos on this site. I really don't see anything wrong with your chest. You seem to have a perfect physique. There is no sign of "woman-like breasts" (gynecomastia) at all. Your chest is completely normal, in my opinion. Before you came to this site, whatever made you think there was something wrong with your chest, may I ask?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024