Author Topic: DO I HAVE GYNO OR JUST FAT ??  (Read 11153 times)

Offline Rlmejicx

Hi, my name is Leo. Im 22, i wanted to know if i have gyno or just fat. Right now im kinda fat, i just started going to the gym, never had a health problem before, necer had my chest like this, i dont know if its fat or gyno. Can someone tell me which one is it ? 

By the way, i dont have any symptoms like buring or itching nipples.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 01:59:43 AM by Rlmejicx »

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Would auggest you read my discussion on this topic in the "Patient Galleries" section of the forum.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
It looks like you have gynecomastia, which is probably a combination of fat and glandular tissue.  You would know best if it resolves with dieting.  In many cases, dieting just reduces the generalized fullness, but allows the underlying glandular tissue to be more apparent--sometimes more bothersome in appearance to patients.  If it resolves completely with dieting, then you can go that route and avoid surgery.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline Rlmejicx

Im working out at the gym doing cardio and bench presses for my chest.. Do you think this will make it worse or no ?? And if i take protein dor my muscles ??

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
The basic problem with gyne is this:  if you lose weight and/or exercise and build up your chest, your gyne will get somewhat smaller -- but perhaps be more apparent because the remainder of the surrounding body has become thinner as well.

More than likely, even with the best of exercises, you will still have some small amount of gland remaining.  the question will be can you live with it or not??  Only you can answer that!

Dr Jacobs

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
First the  term gynecomastia can be traced back to its Greek origins which are gyno which means feminine and mastia which refers to breast.Literally the terms refers to feminine breasts in a male.All male breasts have a combination of fat (adipose) and glandular ( breast specifically ductal tissue ) So your breast are enlarged the issue is the specific ratio of fat to glandular tissue in your case.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline Rlmejicx

So i would have to get a body fat % ?? What would you recommend ??

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
You don't need a specific body fat percentage, but if you diet down and it looks worse, you'll know that  there is glandular tissue. If it's significant enough to bother you, you'll likely need to have it excised. 

RS

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024