Author Topic: Don't skip breakfast  (Read 3585 times)

Offline inhiding

• Posting Member
I was wondering, how does your body know its breakfast? Is it like, within a certain time frame from waking up? I usually wake up, sit on the computer for 10-20 minutes, then do some cardio. Then I eat, would this be considered skipping breakfast? Thanks.

Offline xgi

• Posting Member
I use to skip breakfast but seem to run out of gas during last part of my workout. I eat oatmeal and some fruit before doing any workout. Some days it's bran ceral and eggs as well. After I'm done I eat some yogurt and maybe a piece of whole grain bread with some low carb peanut butter.

For me I always feel I need some fuel in the tank before I run the engine ;D..........my 2.......m :)
You want to make God laugh? Tell him your plans for tomorrow.

Kids who hunt,fish and trap don't mug little old ladies

Offline KryptoKnight

• Silver Member
  • surgery worth every penny
To me, if you don't eat anything within the 30 minutes that you wake up you are skipping breakfast.  Your body hasn't eaten for 7+ish hours and now you wake up and you are still not eating?  I eat within 5 minutes of awaking.  I dislike cardio on an empty stomach.  While it may make you lose more weight, I guarantee it won't all be fat weight.  Me being really religious with my lifting I can't afford to do cardio on an empty stomach as I will lose some muscle mass.  

Besides my rant, I honestly would say breakfast is the most important meal of the day.  Skipping it only makes it harder for you to lose weight as your metabolism will still be low from your sleep.

Offline inhiding

• Posting Member
How does two pieces of whole grain / or whole wheat (i have no idea if there is any difference) of bread for breakfast sound? Or do I need protein/sugars in my breakfast? Thanks.

Offline KryptoKnight

• Silver Member
Sugars are never needed in the body, unless they come from fruit.  If you workout and wat not then definately get some protein in there.  2 Pieces of toast are only ~180 calories which is nothing.  Oatmeal is definately your best bet for breakfast but if you want with toast maybe have a protein shake or 2 eggwhits and one whole egg.

Offline inhiding

• Posting Member
OK, Thanks alot for the information. I'll try to eat a better breakfast. I just wish I wasn't so lazy =).

Offline Seal

• Bronze Member
  • Surgery in August 05
Don't eat breakfast. Only have coffee and then later have some water.

Offline KryptoKnight

• Silver Member
Don't eat breakfast. Only have coffee and then later have some water.

Um, no?  You need some food because your body has been catabolic for the entire time you were sleeping.  Why not eat after 7+ hours of not having food?  It's dumb.  Plus studies show that if you are looking to lose weight eating breakfast is smart.  When people tell you that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, they weren't kidding...

Offline Yoshi

• Bronze Member
The only reason they say don't skip breakfast because your body has entered a temporary starvation mode. It will store everything you eat, if you skip breakfast, as fat. Eating breakfast initiates or metabolism. I say eat breakfast as soon as you wake up, especially if you are one of those heavy sleepers.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024