Author Topic: Lump under nipple at 31 years old...  (Read 2308 times)

Offline Johno675

My doc said i have a hormonal change and to just leave it alone. Its been 8 weeks now and its not going away. Ive never taken steroids but i have taken tribulus and horny goat weed at random in the last 4 months.  Also, as a teenager, i did get lumpy nipples and so did my brother.

Could this go away if i drop my calories or should i get a specific blood test done?

Any help is much appreciated
Thankyou

« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 09:19:08 PM by Johno675 »

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
I think it would be unusual to get a lump under the nipple specifically related to increased caloric intake as is done in a bulking cycle.  One would anticipate more generalized fullness of the chest.  It is probably more likely that your supplementation may be causing some sort of stir in your hormone levels.  Patients who present with this situation from pro-hormones often see resolution by avoiding all extra hormonal products, but this can take several months.  I usually advise patients to wait at least 6 months before considering surgical intervention.  Whatever this is, you and your doctor should follow it closely to be sure it resolves.  Breast cancer in young men is very unusual, so that's not likely, but you never want to ignore a changing mass in the breast, male or female. 

If there's some concern over hormone levels, evaluating testosterone, free testosterone, estradiol and prolactin would be basic labs to check.

Good luck,

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
In a case of a painful unilateral lump that is increasing in size I typically would follow and either start the patient on antibiotics or consider beginning antibiotics if no improvement is noted after several weeks. Cases like this almost always resolve on their own, but the concern especially if there is any blood expressed from the nipple is a very rare malignancy ( breast cancer in males). I certainly would not loose any sleep over this because as I mentioned this is exceedingly rare, but if it does not resolve you should see a physician.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline Johno675

Hi doctors. Its been 6 months and this lump i have on my right side is still as sore and big  as ever. I recently got my blood work results back and this is how it reads:

Testosterone  - 23 nmol/L (662 ng/dl)

LH - 16 IU/L
FSH - 10 IU/L
Prolactin - 18 ug/L
Androstenedione - 1.5 ug/L or 5.2 nmol/L

The prolactin level is what has concerned my doctor but has still told me to wait another 6 months to see if the lump shrinks.

Any tips or supplements to help get this lump away without surgery?? Or tips to lower prolactin levels? Also, could Xanax contribute to an increase in prolactin as ive been on low dosages for the last 8 months.

Thanks.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024