Author Topic: finally getting surgery!  (Read 3851 times)

Offline gynemex

• Posting Member
Hey folks, I am finally having surgery next week. I am really escited, I tought I could share with you this excitement and encourage other guys to not give up thinking that there is no solution. First of all, I want to say that I do not have very high expectations, instead I try to have realistic results and not dream that I will look all muscular.... LOL.

Well i am thinking that some of you would like to know the costs and surgeon:
Dr. Dr. Wilcox in Dallas, TX, he is charging me $5000, I saved all this time, it took me about 6 months to save the money, but I finally got it, I have to say that I was a little bit scared to tell my mother that I decided to get surgery, She knew I had Gynecomastia; i finally told my mom during the holidays that I was having surgery and she was very supportive, she even helped me with money (not too much, but she had the intention to help with something).

I am also a little bit nervous, since I have never been in a hospital, but I pray that everything goes well.

If anyone has had the surgery done with Dr. Dr. Wilcox, please let me know your results.
I have to say that his staff has been very professional and friendly this far.
I will be posting preop and post op pictures in a few days.

hammer

Good luck, and congratulations on being able to save up the money! I've been through many very hard surgeries and the operating room can be a bit scary, but you will be in good hands, however, I've always believed in the power of pray after all it is the Father who is in control so help from him is always welcome!

After the surgery is all said and done you will need to take it easy and follow the post-op instructions! This is the hard part! I know I'm in recovery right now from SI joint fusion surgery and I have time left on six weeks of no lifting, bending, ect...  Your restrictions will not be as long as my surgery but you will still need to do what ever you need to do after to have a good result after surgery.

Once again congrats!

Bob

Offline gynemex

• Posting Member

thanks bob!

my surgery is tomorrow in the morning, I am really nervous,

let me tell you that I bought the medications for post op, i paid $15 for the prescription at Walmart (with my "Humana" health insurance)

also, I went to my pre-op appointment last week, they gave me instructions on what to wear before surgery, when to stop eating, what medication to take the night before, etc. the nurse also took pictures of me to make the comparisons after surgery, this was something very scary for me (no woman had ever seen my chest before) i really felt exposed, i still can not get over it. she was very professional, and closed her eyes when not using the camera.
I attached the pics so you guys can see my case before surgery, I will try to post pics after surgery so you guys can see the progress after surgery!
if you have any questions just message me! (i had a lot of questions when I was doing research) Shalom, may the peace of God be with you!

Offline gynemex

• Posting Member
these are the pics

hammer

The good news is even though your chest has been a big bother to you my friend it is mild compared to some (I invite you to look at my pictures on my story after all these years) in stores first page! Therefore I would have to say your surgery will go very well!

I will also add a prayer that it does go well for you!

Shalom,  may God be with you as well!

Bob

Offline gynemex

• Posting Member
hey guys, so I had my surgery yesterday I will try to share my experience!

So I arrived Dr. Dr. Wilcox's clinic yesterday at 9:30 am, the called me in and gave me the gown, the "hat" (whatever thing to put in the head to cover the hair) and some sort of socks to cover my feet, the nurse took my info, she asked when was the last time I ate, when was the lats time i went to the restroom, etc. she gave me a blanket because the clinic was really cold LOL, and I told her that I was feeling a little be light headed and I thought it was because i had took the antibiotics (as recommended by the dr.) with an empty stomach, because i was instructed to not eat anything.

she rapidly asked me to lay down in the bed take a deep breath and she took my blood pressure to make sure i was ok; I was very nervous.

she asked me to relax and told me that the doctor was finishing with another surgery and that I was going to go into the surgery room in about 20 mins. while I was waiting, Dr. Dr. Wilcox went into the room I was in and he noticed I was nervous, he was very comprehensive and calmed me down, he also marked my chest and left me in the room alone. after he left, the nurse that was going to be in the surgery room with Dr. Dr. Wilcox, went into the room and introduced herself, she told me that it was about to be my tun and asked my T-shirt size in order to know the size of the vest i was to wear after surgery, she measured the vest on me, and told me that the anesthesiologist was going to walk into my room in any minute to put the catheter and get started, she also said: "she is the one with the drugs in this clinic" LoL

the anesthesiologist walked into the room and started looking for a vain in my arm but it took her a while to find it since my vein are not too visible, I told her I was very nervous and didn't want to look, she put an injection to numb my arm so I wouldn't feel the catheter, once she put the catheter I mistakenly look and saw some blood, this is the time when I got really nervous!

We walked into the Surgery room they asked me to lay down in the bed, I WAS FRENETICALLY SHAKING, I COULDN'T HOLD IT, the anesthesiologist told me that she was going to put some medication thru the catheter and that was going to relax me, i don't know what happened 2 seconds after that, I was knocked out.

all of a sudden I woke up in the recovery room, I a nurse was with me, I was still under the effects of the anesthesia, and I talked some non-sense with the nurse; I told her that finally I was going to have a girlfriend, and she said, "nice, I am happy for you, do you like white girls or hispanic girls".... I also asked what time it was continuously like 3 times, I asked her if I could use my phone to call my mother and she handed me my phone, she offered some crackers and some water, the anesthesia started going away and I was feeling more awake, she told me that my ride was about to arrive and I needed to change, she took catheter out of me, and helped me get dressed, I got really dizzy while waking up and felt like I was going to throw up, she gave me the medication I had in my backpack for nausea, I lied down in the bed and tried to tae deep breaths so the nausea could go away. my friend arrived like 5 minutes after and we went home, i still felt like throwing on our way home but then the medicine started to take effect.

My friend bought me a Turkey sandwich from subway since I was starving.
I felt ok for the rest of the day, just a little sleepy, this morning i felt more pain in my chest, I guess because the anesthesia went away, and my chest is swollen, i put some bags of crashed ice today and changed the bandaids.

the nurse called me today to see how I was doing, she told me to not leave the ice on my chest for more than 20 minutes and i could do intervals of 20 minutes with the ice bags and rest for 1 hour and then put ice again for 20 mins, and so on and so forth... 
She also told me that i was going to be swollen for about 4 more days. and reminded me of my follow up app which is in a week from today.

I am kind of concerned about my swollen chest because my chest kinda looks the same, it looks flat, but still a little bit big, i think I just need to wait till the swollen goes away to see the results.

I think that the whole clinic was very friendly and comprehensive, I really like the way they treated me, I had a really good impression from the Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery Center of Texas this far.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024