Author Topic: 3 days after revision  (Read 3736 times)

Offline rhyno18

• Bronze Member
And getting to remember all the parts I hated the first time.

The original surgery was 15 months ago.  Half moons, lumpy uneven results.   A total fiasco.

The revision was done as a lipo/extraction through a small incision on the side.  No drains...which is a HUGE plus.  A much better fitting/sleeker innocuous compression vest....another big plus.

The doctor wanted me to wait 5 days before showering...and I"m feeling kinda ripe.  Fortunately I can work a home from lot...but really really want to take this thing off and get a shower in.

The plus side is the sneak peek (that we all take for a quick day after surgery) shows a flat chest.  Lots of bruising and swelling, but the overall tissue removal I had wanted the first time.

I'd never do it, but I really want to send my original PS the pics after the revision and show him what it could have looked like.   I'll post pics on here for sure.   My original case was pretty bad.  My post op pic looked worse than 85% of the pre-op pics I've seen.  Just glad to get it fixed once and for all.

Offline Gyno4life

• Posting Member
I am glad to hear that your problem is solved now.I look forward to see some photos  :) I would also appreciate if u can give me some details about your second surgery.Was it the same like the first one or was is less difficult? I am 7 months post op and and the idea of not having a revision surgery destroys me.

Offline rhyno18

• Bronze Member
Second surgery was done by a doctor who uses a combination of lipo and excision. 

Was done by this doctor-  once I met him and saw this video, I realized I should have went to him.

Can't post links here, but go to YouTube and search gynecomastia with Dr. Dr. Wilcox Dallas.

My original doctor was the standard direct incision job. Uneven, ton of tissue left.  The results wer horrible.    This procedure was amazing- results have been amazing. Have my follow up at the end of the month. Will get a copy of my pre op, first surgery  and results from great revision.

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
Looking forward to seeing your pics.

Offline Gyno4life

• Posting Member
I checked out the video you told me about.You seem to be very lucky that you found such a surgeon. My problem is that I live in a different country with not so many doctors.I didn't understand very well how your surgery took place.My firt surgery was both liposuction and gland removal through a semi circular incision around the niple and which also involved a small incision for drains south of the niple's area. Is the tehnique used by doctor Dr. Dr. Wilcox different from the surgery I have just described to you? Do you think it is possible to get results as good as yours from a doctor who uses same tehnique as my firt doctor ? In case of a revision surgery should I ask my first doctor or should I look for a new one?

It would be really lovely if u can answer my question and give me details.I think u can understand how I feel after a surgery with not such great results :( . I am really glad you are happy now but I am also a bit gelous if u know what I mean....We are all waiting for photos to see the results from your first surgery and also the great results from your revision ;)

Offline rhyno18

• Bronze Member
My original surgery was the 'half moon' two drains procedure.

Dr. Dr. Wilcox does both excision and lipo through a small hole under the arm.  No drains, no scars on the chest. (obviously i still have my original scars from the first procedure)

I had my 3 month follow up two weeks ago...but forgot to pick up my pre-op and original pictures.  We didn't take post ops yet, as I still have a touch of swelling on the right side.  He's thinking of doing a cortisone injection on the right side if it doesn't go down by my June visit.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024