Author Topic: Gyno or not? Need Surgery  (Read 1565 times)

Offline james.clark

Hi

I am 33 with 63kg. My left side swells, but not sure whether its due to over weight/gynecomastia.

Feel considerable pain and weight on the left side. Please suggest me the (exercise/drug). If surgery is the only option then please suggest the surgery cost.

Thanks.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Your right side appears to be normal while the left side is significantly enlarged.  If this growth is recent in origin, you should visit an endocrinologist to have your hormone status checked.  It would also be wise to visit a plastic surgeon for an opinion.

I have had cases similar to yours -- one in particular when I operated on one side (the other side being totally normal) and then ten years later the other side grew larger.  I cannot offer an explanation -- but after surgery, there has been no re-growth in either breast.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline james.clark

Thanks Dr. Jacobs for sharing your opinion.

Actually I had this since I was 20. But recently I shifted to Saudia arabia from home land and see a significant change. Now I cannot wear a T-shirt which I was before 2 months.

Do you think by taking medicine (like 'diet aid of questionable value') or food rich in testosterone can help reducing the size?

I am afraid, but I wish to consult you if you are in KSA. Here plastic surgery is too expensive and not insured. Do you think a general surgeon can help out in this case.

I appreciate your reply.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
First, understand that there are no pills (such as diet aid of questionable value) or testosterone which will shrink your gyne.

If your chest size has increased recently, you should carefully review things such as possible exposure to certain hormones (ie in certain foods), any medications that you are taking (which may have gyne as a side effect), etc.  That includes anything that touches your body, such as tea tree oil or lavender oil in soaps, etc.

Again, a visit to an endocrinologist would be suggested as well.

Finally, if all possible causes have been ruled out, you may wish to consider surgery.  I would strongly caution that you seek help from a plastic surgeon, not a general surgeon, for the best possible results.  You want it to be one and done, and not face a possible revision, which is more difficult and more costly.

Sorry, I don't practice in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
It appears you have unilateral gynecomastia.In my experience unilateral gynecomastia is present in 2 to 3 % of cases.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024