Author Topic: is it possible to remove fat evenly?  (Read 1348 times)

Offline mohan80

• Posting Member
 i already had gyne surgery. i do see some dents here and there in my chest.. some are visible always and some are visible only when I flex the muscle.
Do the surgeons take special care in removing the fat evenly?
or is it possible to even do that?

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
There are several aspects to the answer of your question.

First of course surgeons remove fat as evenly as possible.

Second a component of the tissue that is removed is glandular tissue.Surgical resection requires removal of the overwhelming majority of the glandular component.After removal of the glandular component additional fat removal may be required but there certainly may be asymmetry between the amount of glandular tissue and/or adipose tissue on the two sides. In fact typically the two sides are asymmetric to begin with.

Third the skin is required to contract after the surgery to optimize the final result.Varying degrees of skin elasticity may impact the final result.

A major component of the result is based on what the surgeon does but remember the result is influenced by the patient's response to the surgery as well.

Finally the result is optimized with the patient at rest. The result is NOT optimized in every contorted or contracted position imaginable.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline mohan80

• Posting Member
Thanks for superb clarification. You said that "result is optimized with the patient at rest".
Did you just mean that I shouldn't strain my chest much and avoid lifting weight, exercises (involving shoulders, chest) or any other activity that can strain chest? or did you mean complete rest to get optimal results? how long would that be required?
Also does compression vest play any role in evening out?

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
The surgery is optimized with your body at rest.Imagine standing in a relaxed manner without flexing any muscles and looking straight ahead into a mirror.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024