Author Topic: Revision Surgery in NYC  (Read 5939 times)

Offline Mazz21

• Posting Member
So it's been roughly 3 years since my awful experience in gynecomastia surgery.  From infections from improperly placed drains to results with cratering, crease lines, and persistant irritation.

See below:

I've been putting off revision surgery for a while but now I think its time.

I am looking for a doctor very skilled and experienced in this particular Revision surgery in NYC or the tri-state area preferably (will travel if necessary).

Cost is not an issue.

I know Dr. Elliot Jacobs posts regularly about this however, for some reason that he will not give me, he refuses to meet with me or operate - as per the last time I tried to make an appointment.

Unfortunately, many doctors are just alot of "talk" and no action. 

If someone can recommend me a doctor with these specifications I will be eternally grateful.

Thanks in advance!

hammer

I can't speak for any of the doctors,  but I'm sure they have their reasons! I wonder what the qualifications that your surgeon had that did your surgery in the first place, did you do your research and find a very highly recommended doctor, or did you go by cost?

When I was still able to work I was a license general contractor, I'm a master carpenter, licensed engineer and journeyman welder as well. I'm qualified to build a building from to start to finish, bottom to top.

During the years I was a contractor I found many times that I would be bidding against guys that would go from unemployment to buying a few tools, and OH BOY, born another contractor under bidding everyone!

After they finished the job, no permits pulled, the home owned called the city, complaining to the inspector, the inspector finds the jobs not up to code, red tags the job, fines the home owners due to no permits bought!

Home owner calls all the original contractors that first bid the job and expects to have them remove the bad job done by the moron, repair what he destroyed, bring the home back up to code, and give them a brake on the price because the already payed the dumb ass that did the horse shit work!

Now I know that this my not fit your situation, but it may be what their thinking!

Offline Mazz21

• Posting Member
I can't speak for any of the doctors,  but I'm sure they have their reasons! I wonder what the qualifications that your surgeon had that did your surgery in the first place, did you do your research and find a very highly recommended doctor, or did you go by cost?
....Now I know that this my not fit your situation, but it may be what their thinking!

My surgeon was pretty qualified on paper. However, he is honestly a smug, uncaring, misleading and greedy person.  Promised me if anything doesnt come out to my satisfaction, he would work to correct it. He was certainly the most expensive option.

Then after leading me on for months he says, and i quote "Im not doing anything for you.  Ive never seen anything like this before."

The best part is that was a complete lie because this jerk posts all over the internet about "crater deformities" and how this happens with bad doctors. Isn't that ironic...

I later found out he had a couple malpractice cases and he is now retired.

Regarding your story - that could be true.  Although I think this is one thread that Dr. Elliot Jacobs will not respond to so I'll never know...

hammer

Your surgery is not a very nice out come to say the least and just because the doctor is retired does not bar you from takin action! You my have signed papers stating that you would not, however, I've lived a long enough time to know that those papers are not worth squat!

Keep in mind that what I'm about to say is coming from someone that doesn't believe in lawsuits and I know that you said that there are some already pending on him, however I think you also need to get on board with one! He should not get away with you looking like that no more then someone should get away with robbing a back!

I've seen this enough to know that I'm happy with acceptance even with as big as I am! I wish you the best of luck getting things worked out!

Bob

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024