Author Topic: Weight loss and estrogen?  (Read 3410 times)

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
I was just reading somewhere that estrogen is stored in fat and when you lose weight the estrogen is released, if that is true is that why men who lose weight don't easily if at all lose breast size?

Maybe some of the doctors here know more about this?

Or anyone?

Offline dbweb

• Bronze Member
While I am not a MD or even want to be, I have had hormone problems and have been told and read a lot about estrogen dominance in males.  Not sure losing weight can cause estrgen domance, but am sure that if you have actual  breast tisse development, losing weight may cause your breast to be more pronounced.

It is amazing how easy your hormones can get out of balance.  Too much T can cause Estrogen to be converted from the excess, too little can cause Estrogen to  gain domance, and simply a reaction to some meds can cause T to be supressed and Estrogen to gain domance. 

That is why meds commanly used for prostrate care, hair growth,and other seeminly unrelated causes can create problems with hormone imbalance and estrogen domance!  It is not as simple as suplementing T with injections or skin absorption, you need to see a MD that has good experiance and a iron clad reputation in dealing with hormone imbalance, and hope for the best!

D B

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024