Author Topic: My gynecomastia...pics..  (Read 2553 times)

Offline en10se

• Posting Member
Heres some pics, I weigh ~200 Pounds. I was 265 and lost 65 pounds in about 4 1/2 months, and still plan on losing another 30-40. I am 5'8 and 19 years old. I got gynecomastia from antiphycotic medication called palperidone. What should I do, the gynecomastia hasnt changed much at all from the beginning of my weight loss... But i still am not at my goal weight, Should i wait until I get there b4 considering surgery? Btw I am lifitng while also doing cardio.

Offline en10se

• Posting Member

Offline en10se

• Posting Member

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Congratulations on your weight loss.  Hope you get down to (and remain at) your target weight.  Undoubtedly, you will be happier and healthier.

Unfortunately, once anyone is obese, their gyne increases along with the fat tissue in the breasts.  When significant weight is lost, the fat tissue in the breasts diminishes in size -- but the breast tissue remains.  The skin of the breasts may tighten but not enough to provide you with a trim chest -- there will often be some skin laxity.

Therefore, complete your task and get down to the weight that is your goal -- and then make sure you stay at that weight.  This will require a change in your dietary and exercise habits -- ie a lifestyle change.

And then you will still have gyne -- albeit somewhat smaller.  It is at that time that you should seek an opinion from an expert in gyne surgery.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024