Author Topic: Surgery in 5 days... Confused  (Read 2603 times)

Offline vfm

• Posting Member
Hello everyone,

I will perform my surgery next week Thursday.
After almost two years since I decided to solve this problem that has always bothered me during this time walked in endocrinology in Portuguese public health system and was finally sent me for plastic surgery, unfortunately the weather had led to be able to perform this surgery has made in public if at all unbearable ....

I will Perform Surgery in a private hospital next Thursday to decição was made ​​shortly, so I'm still a little confused ... is there anything (to anyone who has walked these paths) that would advise me for these last days before the and after the surgery? ...

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Outpatient surgery these days is unbelievably easy.

You check in at the appointed time. Usually your stomach is growling and you are hungry. The Doctor who does your anesthetic will want you to fast overnight before the surgery.

The Anesthesiologist or perhaps a Nurse will check all your vital signs like pulse and blood pressure then start an IV. When they are ready to take you into the actual operation room they will add something to your IV and suddenly you go to sleep. When you awaken, it is all over and as soon as you are fully awake you will be able to go home. You need to have a friend who will take you home.

There will be some discomfort, but you should have a prescription for medication to control pain.

I have not had breast reduction surgery, but I have had Angioplasty, Prostate biopsy, Ulnar Nerve transposition, Carpal Tunnel Release, and Arthroscopic surgery of the shoulder; the same description fit them all. It is really pretty amazing how simple it is. The doctors have succeeded in making surgery a truly minor event for the patient.

I know that no matter what I say, You are still going to worry. To be honest, I worry each time too. but the whole process will go very smoothly and you will soon see the results.

What is odd is that after first seeing the results and being very happy you are probably going to have some post operative swelling and you will wonder for a while if they did any good at all. That swelling will slowly reduce and this chapter in your life story will be over.

Good wishes.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024