Author Topic: cost  (Read 6179 times)

Offline North94

How much would surgery cost along with hospital bills and doctors fees etc.?

ha032742

Depends where you're based in the world? In the UK, total cost can be £4k+ for surgery with one of the two surgeons most often recommend on here. Prices are generally cheaper in mainland Europe. US prices are also cheaper than in the UK I believe but I'm sure some other members can confirm this.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 07:46:47 PM by ha032742 »

Offline Bobby - LAgyne

• Gold Member
How much would surgery cost along with hospital bills and doctors fees etc.?

It depends on many factors, including:

-- location: I've read here on this forum that G surgery costs about US $600 in India, £4'000 in Europe and up to about $10'000 with a top surgeon in US. And if you're combining abdominal and flank liposuction, it can cost up to and about $15'000.
-- severity of the case and required type of surgery: small puffy nipples vs. large saggy breast that requires skin tightening.
-- type of anesthesia: local vs. twilight vs. full-blown general.
-- traveling is required or not.

But in all cases, you should not let the price be the major decision making factor.  You will soon forget about the money you've paid but you need to live with the results on your chest for the rest of life.  Save money and get it done right the first time.

Good luck,
--Bobby
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 06:11:25 PM by Bobby - LAgyne »

Offline Sid Farkus

• Posting Member
    • My Surgery Pics - Gynecomastia & Lipo on Abs & Flanks - Dr. Delgado, 1/8/15
Let me second Bobby's point about how to factor cost into your decision to have this surgery.

I think most men on this forum can sympathize with the desperation we feel to get rid of these things. You'll find stories here about guys who have fantasized about self mutilation, etc. I know I used to have thoughts along the lines of "I don't care what it looks like, as long as it's flat! Anything would be better than this!"

But this is an extremely delicate procedure that requires a lot of skill and expertise to do properly. There's more to this than cutting a hole, sticking in a tube and sucking out some glands and fat. It's highly specialized and, thus, there are relatively few surgeons who have the talent, knowledge and extensive experience required to give you good results. There are surgeons who may offer to remove your gynecomastia for a fraction of the cost of one of the top surgeons, but you should ask yourself why they charge so much less.

Remember, no matter what you will spend a significant amount of money to have this done, and your results will either be permanent or even more costly to correct.

So, make sure you do your research on the nature of this procedure and especially the consequences if it goes wrong. There are plenty of horror stories here from people who tried to get a bargain (and, to be fair, there are stories of lucky people who got decent results at a lower cost - and even the occasional person who got less than ideal results from a highly respected surgeon).

(Oh, and North94, I don't mean to imply that you are not taking this seriously. You asked a simple and perfectly reasonable question. I'm just saying something that I know I needed to hear way back when I first started looking into surgery for my gyne. It's directed any one who may come across this thread)

Offline Bobby - LAgyne

• Gold Member
Let me second Bobby's point about how to factor cost into your decision to have this surgery.

I think most men on this forum can sympathize with the desperation we feel to get rid of these things. You'll find stories here about guys who have fantasized about self mutilation, etc. I know I used to have thoughts along the lines of "I don't care what it looks like, as long as it's flat! Anything would be better than this!"

But this is an extremely delicate procedure that requires a lot of skill and expertise to do properly. There's more to this than cutting a hole, sticking in a tube and sucking out some glands and fat. It's highly specialized and, thus, there are relatively few surgeons who have the talent, knowledge and extensive experience required to give you good results. There are surgeons who may offer to remove your gynecomastia for a fraction of the cost of one of the top surgeons, but you should ask yourself why they charge so much less.

Remember, no matter what you will spend a significant amount of money to have this done, and your results will either be permanent or even more costly to correct.

So, make sure you do your research on the nature of this procedure and especially the consequences if it goes wrong. There are plenty of horror stories here from people who tried to get a bargain (and, to be fair, there are stories of lucky people who got decent results at a lower cost - and even the occasional person who got less than ideal results from a highly respected surgeon).

(Oh, and North94, I don't mean to imply that you are not taking this seriously. You asked a simple and perfectly reasonable question. I'm just saying something that I know I needed to hear way back when I first started looking into surgery for my gyne. It's directed any one who may come across this thread)

Well said!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024