Author Topic: Chest looks too flat after day two of surgery  (Read 4478 times)

Offline mgonzal

• Posting Member
Hello,
Hopefully I can get some insight? Day 2 after surgery I was finally able to take off my compression vest for a quick shower. I got to see my chest for the first time since pre-op. I was expecting swelling but nothing is there including very minimal bruising. Im a bit worried as my chest seems too flat and no definition. Is this due to wearing the compression vest and should I expect my chest to take form in the coming weeks? I'm concerned that I may have had too much removed, or is this something that can be expected for some cases? I really hope my pecs take the masculine shape I was expecting. Any advice would be awesome!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 09:05:07 AM by mgonzal »

Offline flatness13

• Silver Member
I noticed the same thing, it's probably partially because of the vest. But if you didn't have much muscle there before surgery you certainly won't see any afterwards untill you can train your chest again.

Offline mgonzal

• Posting Member
Well before surgery I thought I had some hidden definition before the fat was removed. I could grab my chest and feel some underlying muscle. Is there a chance that the tissue on my chest still needs to go through therapy messages so things start loosing up and  then I can expect results? I'm sure it's way too early to tell, I just don't want to go through anything corrective down the road.

Offline flatness13

• Silver Member
Definitely too early to tell.
Remember one thing, depending on how long your surgeon instructed you not to workout, you won't be able to use your chest muscles much if at all and that's gonna cause you to lose all the muscles you used to use. I'm at 6 weeks post-op now and can finally start working out again but I have lost all the muscles and can feel all my ribs on my pecs.
It's gonna be great though because it's like I can build a new chest now. They removed 600cc of fat and 60 grams of glands. My chest muscles will be more visible than ever once I build them up again.

Offline mgonzal

• Posting Member
I'll just let nature take its course. I might have been too anxious and flexed a little to see what happened to my muscles (didn't feel too well). I hope it all works out and will try to post pics when possible. 
Can you tell me was 600cc+ taken from each pec or total? I had 1000cc removed (500cc) from each. I am 5'9" and 172lbs.

Offline flatness13

• Silver Member
Well mine was 600cc total, I didn't have that much fat on my pecs and the glands were the bigger issue. I look forward to seeing your photos so I can get a better perspective of your situation.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024