Author Topic: 2 Weeks Post-Op and need to perform Yard Work  (Read 2229 times)

Offline mgonzal

• Posting Member
Hello,
I'm in my second week of post-op and everything seems to be going smooth. Minimal swelling/bruising, but I need some insight. Since we are in the fall season and leaves are falling like crazy. I need to cleanup my yard, but was wondering if it would be too soon to start doing yard work like raking up leaves, bagging them, and then of course the worst part loading into my truck for compost? 
Anyone think this is too soon, I'm still a tad sore and was thinking I should maybe give it another week. I know bags of leaves could get pretty heavy 25-30lbs (from a post-surgery standpoint that is). Or should I really play it safe and not start until I'm at the end of week 4? 

hammer

I think if your mower has the capability to mulch you should mulch

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Raking leaves requires a lot of chest muscle work -- and at this early stage, it is detrimental to your healing.  Can you get an air blower to help?  And then get some friends to help gather the leaves in a pile and bag them or compost them.

Enjoy the fall foliage!!!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline fairviewL

• Posting Member
I think it would be a totally bad idea to refer this question to your surgeon who intimately knows your situation.  

Offline mgonzal

• Posting Member
Thanks for the input everyone! I think I can hold out now, we are suddenly getting hit with tons of rain and that would make the job impossible. Maybe around week 4 or 5 might be a better solution, willing there is no rain?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024