Author Topic: Welcome to the club, I guess!  (Read 6156 times)

Offline adef187

• Posting Member
I'm 36 and have put on a little weight over the last three years. This, however, happened within the last 6-9 months without any change in weight.
I went to the doctor when my wife pointed out that the shape of my chest had changed, and she pointed me here for help and support for the community.

http://imgur.com/Y8SgPqy

http://imgur.com/YG5Kdek

Offline TigerPaws

adef187 it sounds like you have a good lady. Still consider seeing an Endocrinologist who is familiar with Gyneocomastia just to be certain that you do not have an underlying medical condition causing the changes.

hammer

As your tile says, welcome!

I agree with TigerPaws! You have a great lady, and see a doc.

Welcome to the forum!

Bob

Offline adef187

• Posting Member
Thanks, guys! I appreciate the warm welcome. 
I should clarify; my doctor (a woman) pointed me here. She also referred me to an endocrinologist because there's been a few other changes to my body as well such as thinning/lightening of body hair, and I've rounded-out quite a bit around my hips, thighs, and butt. 

Offline TigerPaws

Thanks, guys! I appreciate the warm welcome.
I should clarify; my doctor (a woman) pointed me here. She also referred me to an endocrinologist because there's been a few other changes to my body as well such as thinning/lightening of body hair, and I've rounded-out quite a bit around my hips, thighs, and butt.
Ah!!! Well Brownie points to your Lady Doctor and good for you to listening. It will be interesting if you would post what the Endocrinologist discovers. 

Offline adef187

• Posting Member
I definitely will! I suspect that having been on steroids for some back/neck issues may hsve messed with my body's chemistry. 

Offline TigerPaws

I definitely will! I suspect that having been on steroids for some back/neck issues may hsve messed with my body's chemistry.
Hum... If you can feel a mass/dense area under or around your nipple area (you do not have to press hard) and or you have an itching, soreness or other pain then you may have some breast gland development. Not all steroids are a problem, it kind of depends on what and for how long. An Endocrinologist and a sonogram of your breast area may hold some answers. 

Offline adef187

• Posting Member
Yeah, I definitely feel a "ball" behind my nipples that's about the size of a golf or ping pong ball. And both sides are frequently itchy, though I seem to notice it more on my left side. 

Offline TigerPaws

Yeah, I definitely feel a "ball" behind my nipples that's about the size of a golf or ping pong ball. And both sides are frequently itchy, though I seem to notice it more on my left side.
That certainty sounds like the breast gland is growing, if it becomes really sore and painful and your nipples are more pronounced (hard most of the time) then it is a pretty good bet that you are growing breasts.

How big and for how long you may be growing is anyone's guess, as for one side growing faster than the other, that is normal even for women.

Generally speaking this kind of growth is caused by the onset of a hormone change, Estrogen being the most prevalent though Prolactin can have similar effects. The causes are varied from a prolactinoma tumor which is a benign tumor of the Pituitary gland which produces excessive amounts of Prolactin to be produced to a Liver issue which can convert Testosterone and related hormones into Estrogen.

Either way see an Endo before too much time passes.

Offline adef187

• Posting Member
Thanks, Tiger Paws. I have my appointment set for Wednesday, so I'll let you know whenever I find out the results of whatever test they run. 
I'd be surprised if there isn't something significant going on, when I consider all the changes my body has been going through. 

hammer

I'm sorry that you're going through this, but just know that you're not alone! TigerPaws, as well as many others are here for you! In my case, I had gyno as a teen, then lost my testicles after a vasectomy! I'm now wearing a 46H bra, but I'm ok with that because that is the least of my health problems!

Good luck with your up coming appointment.

Bob

Offline adef187

• Posting Member
The support is huge, man. Thank you. 

Offline expedient-traveller

• Silver Member
Very much welcome!! Any questions you have, feel free to ask. Anything you are curious about, regardless of whatever it is, just ask. We are all here to aid and assist you and relieve any worry, fear or uneasiness you may have...if we can. Zei gezunt!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 02:59:19 PM by expedient-traveller »

Offline adef187

• Posting Member
Thanks, Traveller! So far this has been a welcome respite from the stress of all this. 
Got my endo appointment moved up to today (how often does that happen?!), so I had my blood work done this afternoon. The doctor said that it is most definitely glandular growth in my breasts and that I appeared to have late-onset hypogonadism. But I'll hear more as soon as the blood results come back. 

Offline TigerPaws

Thanks, Traveller! So far this has been a welcome respite from the stress of all this.
Got my endo appointment moved up to today (how often does that happen?!), so I had my blood work done this afternoon. The doctor said that it is most definitely glandular growth in my breasts and that I appeared to have late-onset hypogonadism. But I'll hear more as soon as the blood results come back.
A word of caution regarding taking/injecting/patches or Testosterone creams. Too much Testosterone is just as detrimental to your health as too little and achieving the perfect balance is more difficult than you are likely to be told.

Before you agree to any treatment, research, read, consult with other knowledgeable people (researchers, doctors and those who have or are undergoing or have undergone a similar treatment) before simply taking a doctors recommendation.

Doctors are not gods (though they often act like one), more often than not most of them simply guess as to the proper course of treatment.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024