Author Topic: My pics - How bad is it?  (Read 2077 times)

Offline Paul1975

Here are some pictures of my chest. I initially had puffy nipples when I was a teenager which never went away. I have also been taking hair loss medication for over ten years (propecia) which I feel has made my chest worse. For those that do not know the medication increases estrogen and reduces testosterone which then promotes breast growth. Its a known side effect.

It has effected my life a lot. Not being able to wear certain clothes, being self concious when swimming etc, all of the things you all know about.

I have an active life, heavy cardio training three times a week has not really helped.
I have surgery scheduled to remove it but just wanted re-assurance I am doing the right thing. Is it bad enough to be going for surgery?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 01:15:41 PM by Paul1975 »

hammer

Surgery is a personal choice! I've had 8, but for other things, like 2 total knee replacements, 3 major back surgeries and the others were same day minor surgeries.

I've grown to a 46H bra size and will not go through a total double mastectomy, simply because, number one, I don't want to, and #2 for me being so big I would look worse after the surgery then I do having breast! Just to let you know too, I've gotten this big due to health issues, and the lost of my testicles as well.

I've been able to come to accept having large breast, but if you can't, then surgery is the way to go for you, however, make sure you have a good surgeon  because I've seen far to many unhappy guys on this forum after their surgery!

Good luck

Bob

Offline Dman123

• Posting Member
Hey man,

I had a case similar to yours.. Id 10000% recommend getting the surgery.. I'm only 8 days post op, but i can tell its going to change my life completely!

Good luck bro!

Offline TigerPaws

Yes surgery is a very personal choice, the question is?

Is it worth the risk? The risk to your health, to your very life? What happens if it comes back or what if the surgery leaves you deformed or worse off than you believe that your are now? Millions of women every year receive breast enlargement procedures and a similar number undergo a similar procedure to remove the silicone sacks they originally had implanted into their bodies. What did these surgeries get them? Are they truly better off?

Please remember Gyneocomastia is a cosmetic issue not a health issue. (Have you seen an Endocrinologist who specializes in Gyneocomastia just to be sure if there is and underlying medical issue?)

Offline leosud

• Bronze Member
"Welcome aboard !"
Why not to live with your breast ????
It's my choice and, for me, it's the best way !!!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The only criteria that matters is how it affects your life. 
If you can ignore it, then it is obviously not bad.
If it causes you concern then it is bad. 
The opinions of others is of no matter.  This is a decision you must make for yourself. 
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024