Author Topic: What do you think?  (Read 1492 times)

Offline Thenewguy

• Posting Member
Hey guys, just have a quick question. So I had surgery a little less than 2 months ago. I had lipo and excision. After surgery my chest was flat as a board. Didn't feel anything behind it, no puffiness, nothing. Couple weeks later started feeling some lumps forming. Thought to myself ok this is just some swelling and it should go away pretty soon. Now here I am and the puffiness isn't going away. I can feel little hard lumps behind the nipple, more so on one side then the other. But also, on the side of the both nipples it's slightly puffy but it's sensitive when I touch then so I'm thinking that part might just be swelling? I saw my surgeon last week and he said everything looked great. But when I saw him it was cold out so my nipples looked rather hard then they usually do. I told him I felt some hardness under the nipple and he didn't seem to concerned. He said it was either still swelling or a fat gland that was still there. But the thing is after the surgery that lump wasn't there so how could it be fat? So what do u guys think? Also if I stretch my chest, the area under the nipple feels tight, so maybe scar tissue?
First picture is before surgery, second after, and third now

Offline Thenewguy

• Posting Member
sorry i meant to say i had the surgery a little more than 2 months ago not less than 2 months ago

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
If you are feeling firm tissue behind the nipple/areola it could be onset of scar tissue, especially if it wasn't there right after surgery.  Scar tissue can occur, often on one side only but sometimes on both.  It usually responds to one or more injections of a steroid medication (seems ironic, since anabolic steroid use can cause gynecomastia, but they work differently). Anyway, be sure to bring it up again with your plastic surgeon at your next visit if it's not improved.  And at 2 months postop, it could be something that will resolve over time without treatment. 
Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024