Author Topic: Gyno growth after diet change, did I do permanent damage??  (Read 1403 times)

Offline nobug

• Posting Member
So the bottom line is that for a week I took a supplement containing phytoestrogens (not roids, I didn't know it would be this bad). I have had puffy nipples since puberty and now am in my late 20's. After about a week I got EXTREMELY sore nipples, dull aches, hot flashes, etc. I have never felt worse from a hormone imbalance. I immediately stopped and have been taking a lot of zinc and trying to decrease my estrogen levels for going on 4 days now. My nipples are not sore anymore but they are still a bit sensitive. It seems like my gynegomastia glands grew quite a bit since I started, the glands feel bigger and they are visibly larger. Did I do lasting damage or will they go back down (to my previous puffy nipple levels) if I focus my entire diet and supplements on reducing estrogen? Please help!

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
I'm not sure what you were taking and what impact it might have had on your gynecomastia, but as a general rule, I've recommended that patients who develop gynecomastia as a result of pro-hormone use allow for six months to pass to determine if the condition will resolve on its own or not.  If it hasn't resolved at that point, I will recommend surgery.  If it resolves adequately, surgery may not be required to correct it.  
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024