Author Topic: A little less than 2 years post op, area surrounding areolas appears to push out  (Read 1358 times)

Offline throwaway123

I am a 19 year old male who got gynecomastia surgery roughly two years ago. I am 175 pounds and 5'9. There is no hard lump beneath the areolas or around them but on the outside edge and bottom of each areola the skin appears to puff out more. The surgery I got reduced the size of each areola and removed the gland underneath. The incision was completely around both. Here are some pictures http://imgur.com/a/Uu3IK . If you need more just let me know! Thanks.

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
It looks like there may be a small amount of residual tissue beneath the nipple which is still keeping them a bit "puffy". If not than the areola itself is simply too large and could be reduced, again using the circumferential scar, which has healed very well. Overall however, it looks like you have gotten a very nice result, so it really depends on how much it is bugging you. I would suspect that no one else notices.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
You may have some scar tissue that causes the areola to project. This is a situation where a Kenalog (corticosteroid) injection might be useful.  It's not possible be definitive without examining you, but if there's some palpable scar tissue, a trial of Kenalog could be worthwhile. 
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024