Author Topic: Silicone sheets causing visible, tiny, craters/holes!  (Read 1664 times)

Offline myhealth

• Posting Member
Hello there,
Why do silicone sheets cause visible, tiny, deep craters around the raised areas on the incisions?
 I'm 16-week post peri-areolar mastopexy. I'm using silicone sheets for 3 weeks now. Each day, after I remove the silicone sheets to clean the areas, I see visible small craters/holes have formed (please see the photo)!! Then, when the Silicone sheets are off for a couple of hours, the craters slowly get less visible and flatter. This repeats every day.  Should I stop it, or is this the way it works & normal? I plan to use them for 12 weeks. Thank you

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
Silicone sheets in and of themselves do not cause craters or holes. I viewed the photo you supplied and I suspect the elevations in the area are  due to  deep sutures. Typically the surgeon would use sutures that will dissolve slowly over time so this should improve with time as the suture material dissolves.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
I agree with Dr. Pensler. I would continue the silicone tape / sheets. If you use tape you only have to change it every 3-5 days.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024