Author Topic: Gynecomastia as a result of testerone replacement therapy-Androgel  (Read 1892 times)

Offline clawdius

• Posting Member
I have by my judgment Class 3 gynecomastia - can wear a C cup bra. I am taking testosterone replacement therapy under guidance of an endocrinologist. A plastic surgeon has recommended liposuction. What are the possibility/probability of regrowth of the breasts after liposuction considering that I shall continue taking the testosterone? I am a healthy, not overweight 75 y.o.

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
You might want to wait till your testosterone levels have reached the point where your endocrinologist wants them. And remain stable for a period of 3-6 months. Then I think you cold expect a stable result from the surgery to correct your gynecomastia.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
There is much misunderstanding about hormone replacement and gynecomastia.  If you have low testosterone, and you are undergoing replacement therapy, which is monitored and where you are maintained with NORMAL testosterone levels, you should not experience fluctuations that might lead to development of gynecomastia.  On the other hand, if you are NOT treating your low testosterone, you are more likely to develop gynecomastia.  Treatment, in fact, can help prevent development or worsening of your condition.  
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
I am not sure what your mean by type 3 gynecomastia. Steroid treatment particularly anabolics result in an increase in glandular tissue. Having said that testosterone administration under the direction of a physician a rather recent phenomenon should keep your levels in a "normal"range and not trigger glandular development a rule as noted by Dr. Sliverman. 
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024