Author Topic: Religious considerations on surgery?  (Read 2121 times)

Offline chifer

• Posting Member
I saw in several threads in which religion was involved, but I could not find a specific thread on the topic of how religion/beliefs influence the choice to go for surgery. So I would like to ask:

If you have a particular religion or certain beliefs, and you:

• did have surgery: Did you have any religious considerations about whether you can unite the surgery with your beliefs?

• did not have surgery but did consider it: Were religious considerations a reason to not pursue surgery?

• did have surgery, but before you came to this religion or these beliefs: Have religious considerations influenced the way you view your past surgery?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I know people who will not have surgery for religious reasons.  I respect that but I totally do not understand it.    I have had surgery on both hands and arms to relieve neuropathy in both ulnar nerves.   I have 4 stents that keep the circulation going in my legs and two more that keep the heart functioning normally.  In April of this year I had a Total knee replacement.    In July I went with the Boy Scouts on an 80 mile backpack trip.   Following that with a two week camping trip with eight of my grandchildren. 
Thanks to modern surgery, I am enjoying an active life at 79.  Without surgery, I would have died over 10 years ago and the last years of my life would have been as a cripple. 
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024