Author Topic: Need honest opinions!  (Read 1920 times)

Offline 789Steve

I was looking for somewhere to get opinions and advice from people who don't know me in real life, and stumbled across this forum.

I've pretty much avoided swimming with anyone else around for the last ten years or so, but I am going to have to do some swimming sessions in a busy public pool soon. Friends have suggested I wear a rash vest to cover up, and whilst that would probably be most comfortable, I also wonder whether I'd just end up drawing more attention to myself by being the only guy wearing a top.

So, I am after honest opinions... do you think I am likely to get stared at much (or worse), and do you recommend covering up or just going for it and feigning confidence?
Thanks

Offline dresta

• Posting Member
Can i ask how old are you.  Im 38 and at the moment just had suegery yesterday.  Feeling a bit sore. The point i want to say to you is as you get older it only gets worse. I
Theres not much you can do when it comes to hiding it. I avoided swimming since i was 20 im 38 now and hope to swim again, it depends how cofident you are within yourself. Eventually someone will notice. Your confidence will determine how it effects you. My confidence was quite low so i avoided.

Offline 789Steve

Thanks for replying. I hope your surgery went well and are pleased with the results once you've fully healed :)
I'm 23 and plan to get surgery in the not too distant future, but in the mean time I've decided I really need to try and stop worrying so much about what other people think and just get on with the things I want to do.

Offline SmokeyNYY

• Bronze Member
Yes its noticeable but not nearly as bad as mine was.  I had surgery and feel amazing.  To be honest its not that bad as to get awkward glances in my opinion.  I would go for the lessons and book your surgery ASAP.  Check out my thread for my transformation.  One right below this one.

Offline 789Steve

Thank you SmokeyNYY. I've just had a look at your photos and you look great - it's very encouraging seeing other people's results.
I've started working out a bit more recently and I'm hoping that'll help until I manage to get surgery. I'm not expecting any miraculous changes, but if I can manage to build some muscle that might at least disguise things a bit.

Offline igotum

• Bronze Member
My honest opinion is wait until it gets a lot worse. Half the guys I see have boobs as large as yours. Go out and have fun. That is my 2 cents worth.

Offline cky2k

• Bronze Member
Swimming was never an issue for me.. I basically tried to get in the water as soon as possible so you couldn't see them. And when I was out of the water I would cross my arms pretending to be cold, this would cover them up. Worked a treat for years !:)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024