Author Topic: Minor gynecomastia. Surgery redundant? (With pics)  (Read 2092 times)

Offline MarkD77

Hello,

I suffer from minor gynecomastia, or puffy nipples. It is minor, yet it does cause the nipple to protrude and the areola is quite large. This has been affecting me for years and is extremely distressing, and I'm left with the difficult position where I either have to live with it for the rest of my life and constantly be stressing out about it or get surgery which costs a lot of money, could potentially leave scarring, or just make it look worse. Here some pics; (sorry they are quite bad quality)

I basically just want to know whether surgery would be redundant for minor gynecomastia. Does minor gynecomastia leave less scarring? Also, I live in Scotland. What would be my best option in terms of surgeons? I was thinking Karidis?

Thanks in advance, and I can post more pics if required.

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Your case is fairly minor, though I'm guessing that your nipples may appear more prominent if you're very warm.  Correction of a minor case of gynecomastia is generally very effective, and the scaring is minimal and generally fairly imperceptible.  That said, correction of minor cases must still be done by a surgeon who is familiar with and well-versed in correction of the minor cases, in order to avoid problems that can actually look worse and are more difficult to correct.  
Unfortunately, I don't know any surgeons who focus on gynecomastia in Scotland.  I have seen a few patients from the UK over the years, but if someone is local, that would obviously be ideal for you.
Good luck,
Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline MarkD77

Your case is fairly minor, though I'm guessing that your nipples may appear more prominent if you're very warm.  Correction of a minor case of gynecomastia is generally very effective, and the scaring is minimal and generally fairly imperceptible.  That said, correction of minor cases must still be done by a surgeon who is familiar with and well-versed in correction of the minor cases, in order to avoid problems that can actually look worse and are more difficult to correct.  
Unfortunately, I don't know any surgeons who focus on gynecomastia in Scotland.  I have seen a few patients from the UK over the years, but if someone is local, that would obviously be ideal for you.
Good luck,
Rick Silverman

Thanks for the reply.

I'm willing to travel to London if that's what it takes. Would you say that Karadis is the "best" surgeon for male gynecomastia, in the UK at least?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024