Author Topic: Surgery in 5 days..  (Read 3213 times)

Offline Whitesox2005

• Posting Member
Howdy-- Well, where to begin?
I am 23 years old, I work out regularly and about 140 pounds at 5'9. I have been haunted by Gynecomastia since I was about 11 years old. I never understood why I had puffy nipples at a young age. I didn't really think about it too much back then as I went through a chubby face in Jr. High- When I started high school, I grew about 6 inches and slimmed down to pretty skinny, but still had pointy/puffy nipples. I stayed relatively thin all throughout high school and got pretty good at hiding my situation- I gained weight in college (about 165) and was kinda chubby, so I decided to cut out bad food, and eventually ended up dropping down to 126 pounds... I was a twig with still noticeable nipples. I didn't get it, o lost weight to get rid of this and nothing would come. So I began working out to get rid of them. Worked out for 6 months and I guess they do look a little better but still find myself pinching my nipples any time I am required to go shirtless. Anyways, I've accepted this as part of my life multiple times, and then let it get to me as well. January 1st, 2017 I was laying in bed hadnt really thought about this in a while, and for whatever reason I googled gynecomastia, couldn't even remember what it was called... but watched about 20 videos on YouTube regarding surgeries and thought "you know what... I'm done with shit crap". I've had it for OVER HALF OF MY LIFE. I live with my fiancé, and was very nervous to even bring it up to her. We've been together about 4 years and she somehow just never noticed.. But anyways, I brought it up and told her before you say anything, my mind is made up, I am getting rid of this- she was supportive. Showed her some videos and said that working out does nothing.. so I scheduled a consultation on the 9th. I went into Dr Jay M Penslers office not really knowing what to expect.. I was nervous, but excited as well. Dr. Pensler was incredibly friendly and understanding.. somehow made me not feel awkward talking about my situation. He went over the recovery process, and then took pictures and photoshopped results that I should expect. I left with a few surgery dates in mind (needed to apply for CareCredit as I can't afford 5K... I am getting married and all my money is tied up into that and paying my mortgage lol). So I was approved for CareCredit and immediately called to schedule my appointment, which is Friday, January 27th... 5 days away. I cannot wait to finally have this done.. it's something that I cannot live with anymore and I am just ready to go on with my life feeling confident. I always find myself staring at any mans chest to see if anyone is like me, or to just feel jealous. Anyways.. this was a long post. If anyone keeps up, I will tell how my surgery went. I will also post some pictures of how I look now. Cheers!

Offline HairyKnockers

• Bronze Member
I am glad that you will be able to resolve your gynecomastia with surgery and are happy with the doctor that you have chosen.  A doctor’s ability to relate to their patients and make them feel comfortable can be almost as important as their technical skill.

You did not post any photos, which would be interesting to see how acute your manifestation of gynecomastia actually is.  So please post before and after photos as it helps people realize that they are not alone and there is light at the end of the tunnel if they want to go the surgery route.  But what I find interesting and perhaps typical is your statement that your fiancé didn’t ever notice the gynecomastia.  Why I said I find this typical is that I think we are all our own worst critics.  We each look at our chests and see the imperfections that we have and develop insecurities around them.  Those guys chests that you look at and think they look “normal” compared to your chest probably have some other insecurity.  So be kinder to yourself and accept that we are who we are, with all of our imperfections.  It did not seem to bother your fiancé and she is really the one who matters most to you.

Offline Whitesox2005

• Posting Member
On my way to the procedure... wish me luck. 12 years of my life..

Offline Whitesox2005

• Posting Member
Today was my surgery. I got in around 8:00am. Got started with some paperwork around 8:30 then I spoke with the nurse for a bit around 8:45. Then nurse was nice, just explained what I will do after the surgery. They took my weight, the we go on and get started. I was nervous, they hooked me up to an IV through my hand (hate needles) The IV was giving me fluids as I was not able to drink or eat since midnight the night before. Then after a little bit, they gave me a twilight sedation. The nurse told me to think about a beach as I would be asleep very soon. I honestly never felt asleep but I knew I was. It was weird- I remember randomly talking to them during, but it felt like I was just incredibly high throughout the whole procedure. But when I woke up, they were done. Felt like 5 seconds. I was loopy, couldn't walk much. Stumbled over, felt the glands on the table and then they wheeled me to the car. My fiancé drove as I ate a donut from Starbucks, then drank some sprite. After all of this, we were about 10 minutes away from home and I got very nautious almost to the point of throwing up. However, I got home and took a bunch of little naps. I have been icing since 1 PM, but I'm sill incredibly swollen. Won't be able to shower until Monday morning, which is when I will return to work. This vest will probably be fine under a hoodie or a Columbia which I am allowed to wear to work but I don't think it'd hide under a polo as the zipper would probably show. Anyways, if anyone wants I will keep updating my healing process. As of right now, I am happy it is over. The glands were smaller than I anticipated. They took almost no fat out. I saw the container, was hardly anything. But the glands were relatively smaller than I imagined. I am anxious to see the results on Monday morning but I'm kinda worried about hiding the vest for 4-6 weeks as it is kind of an embarrassing situation. Thanks for reading so far!

Offline Whitesox2005

• Posting Member
Swelling is gone. I am increidbly itchy.... can't wait to shower tomorrow morning. Usually get up for work at 6:30 and leave by 7, but I think I'm gonna get up at 5 and shower for a very long time. Doesn't hurt as much to move around. Maybe just my arms wherethe incisions are near my armpits but I feel pretty good. We have a gym at work, and I normally work out every day with someone. Think I'll say maybe I hurt my chest or something working out at home and that's why I can't work out. Anyways, beyond anxious and kind of nervous to see my chest tomorrow morning.

Offline chiguy10

• Posting Member
Best of luck. Had my surgery Dec 12 with Dr. Delgado.
A whole lot more extensive than yours.
I had really pronounced breasts.
Results in my view are spectacular.
All worth it.
Just chucked the vest--you'll get used to it.
The issue for me is scarring and how to minimize it.
Dr. Delgado more concerned about it than I.
I'm just happy to have a normal looking chest (except scars) for the first time in many, many years.
All the best!

Offline Whitesox2005

• Posting Member
Best of luck. Had my surgery Dec 12 with Dr. Delgado.
A whole lot more extensive than yours.
I had really pronounced breasts.
Results in my view are spectacular.
All worth it.
Just chucked the vest--you'll get used to it.
The issue for me is scarring and how to minimize it.
Dr. Delgado more concerned about it than I.
I'm just happy to have a normal looking chest (except scars) for the first time in many, many years.
All the best!

Thanks man! Best of luck to you too. I know I am probably paranoid that the scares on my nipples are scary looking as it has only been 4 days.. did they do any cutting around the areolas for you? Wondering how long until those scars are healed. Again, I know it's only been 4 days so I am crazy to even be worried at all.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024