Author Topic: 2 weeks post op - large masses in chest and under arms  (Read 1919 times)

Offline Samuelo

It's the middle of the night and I can't sleep (half due to pain, half due to worry)

I had lipo only surgery (doc also used bodytite contouring for skin) and had a lot of fat removed. A lot was more on the side of my chest.

After surgery I was bruised across my chest but my sides from armpit down were really black and blue. The color is gone now, other than a little swelling down on my hip.

The real problem is I have a mass under each side of my arm a little below nipple height that runs all the way to the front of my chest and is quite dense and painful to the touch. It also seems I am still swelling a little more all the time. I am not sure if this is scar tissue, hematoma, or what.

When I went in 4 days after surgery and had the bruising the nurses and doc really didn't see much concern and were extremely pleased with the surgery. No mention of the bruising needing drained or watched.

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
It sounds like you are very fresh out from surgery. You should really be getting into see your surgeon for the best advise.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

Offline Dr. Cruise

• Supporting Doctors
  • Gold Member
  • Dr. Cruise
    • http://lagynecomastia.org/
If I am reading your post correctly, it appears your only visit was 4 days post-op and you are now 2 weeks post-op. If this is the case, I would urge you to schedule a visit to be seen again. It can take quite some time for swelling to subside after liposuction. Hopefully you are wearing a compression garment around the clock. This really helps with the healing process. 
Dr. Cruise
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
2081 San Joaquin Hills Road
Newport Beach, CA 92660
949-644-4808
Before and After Pictures
Types of Gynecomastia

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
It sounds like you may have had a hematoma, so I'd agree that you should see your surgeon.  If there's a hematoma, it would benefit from drainage or aspiration at least. 
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline Samuelo

I really appreciate your advice. I did go in and the doctor basically said it should go away but he would do revision after 6 months if not. He said I was the first male he did bodytite on the chest. I didn't have gland removal and just had more fat than normal.

Now, it's been 3 weeks and the lumps are harder. I am including pics and wonder if you have seen anything like it before. The lumps under my arms are really bothersome and I can't hardly stretch my arms fully because of them.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/oq2hseplegd8eq4/AAAGFgYoUm3-JGLShAtoSG-4a?dl=0

These are 3 week post surgery pics. I know it takes time but I am still worried about these lumps. They hurt, they are solid masses, and it seems my chest is getting worse all the time.  Also the pic that has my finger pushing against my skin is basically skin stuck to tissue.

Are these things I can treat now or should be considering. I'm wearing compression, using heat massage, and stretching.

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
I am not really very familiar with the body tite procedure but if it uses energy you it has probably caused some scar tissue. The lumps could be either hard fat, scar tissue, or lymph nodes. i would recommend more massage and maybe a physical therapy opinion.

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
I rarely find liposuction only is adequate for correction of gynecomastia. If a surgeon is performing a procedure for the first time the patient needs to aware of that. The incisions for the lipo are not were I would place them. Having said that the option now is only to give everything some time to settle and the assess the situation.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024