Author Topic: My story / Puffy nipples + Pics pre/post  (Read 3243 times)

Offline mieleki

• Posting Member
I have only come across this website after I had undergone a plastic surgery to correct my gynecomastia problem with which I have been dealing since puberty. Today, I am 21 years old, almost one month after the surgery and I could not be happier (ok, maybe I could be 1-3% happier!).
I had a classic case of puffy nipples due to the excess gland tissue underneath my nipples. I had little to no excess fat and hence my nipples were pretty noticeable under any light-coloured t-shirt. Quite naturally, I have developed a set of procedures of how to hide it and I learned to pretend that everything was in order. However, this prevented me from going to the beach, fully enjoying summers and live a transparent and intimate sexual life. I was not depressed, rather constantly irritated that I couldn't enjoy all the activities that my friends took part in. 
Last year, I decided that it was finally time to take action and to end this pointless aspect of my life. I searched online for hours for the best-reviewed plastic surgeons in my region (I am an EU citizen) and eventually settled on a friendly looking surgeon close to my place that luckily had a vacant spot just 3 weeks after I contacted him as one of his patients canceled his surgery. 
The surgeon listened to my concerns and tried to fulfill all of my wishes that I had on my mind. I opted for a local anesthesia as I did not want to spend a night in the hospital. This was and was not a wise decision. Frankly, even though you cannot really feel your chest (incision does not hurt at all), the liposuction is not a pleasant thing. You can feel the "machine" going up and down, left or right and once it hits a spot the anesthetic did not reach, prepare for pain. Generally, it is feasible but when the surgery was coming to its end, I was counting each second.
After the surgery, I had one follow up appointment (to remove the bandages). The surgeon really did not like this but I had no other choice as I had to leave the country the following week. After 10 days I asked my GP to remove the stitches and now I am only patiently waiting and hopefully correctly healing. 
Total costs? About 900 dollars. I received fully professional service that matched my expectations, and in some extents even overachieved them. This is therefore a little shout out to all the US citizens (I assume a majority on this forum) that cannot afford the surgery in the US and the condition is seriously affecting their lives. Consider one of the EU countries that are able to offer you the same treatment with less overall costs. Plus you get the added benefit of spending a few days/one week in one of our gorgeous countries :)
Result? My left nipple could not be flatter. The right one has still a bit of swelling and I believe a scar tissue has already developed that makes it a little more protruding than I would ideally wish for. However, the result is still 97% better than it was before and practically unnoticeable. At one month post-op, I have almost fully regained my flexibility with only mild pains in the nipple area (I can still feel that it's healing). I finally look goddamn flat and normal. Summar awaits!

https://ibb.co/b3vimQ
https://ibb.co/nGWOmQ
https://ibb.co/ewWOmQ

Offline Geoff88

• Posting Member
Excellent feedback and great to see you have had the result that you were looking forward to.  I just wanted to recommend possibly managing your scar tissue with more compression, see my post here:

https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=32360.0

Offline res.Cogitans

• Bronze Member
Great result, although  a mild condition that can be dealt easier if the plastic surgeon is qualified and expert. In your case it was for sure.
I dont see any swelling, but its hard from a picture to understand. As Geoff88 said, compression is the hint to minimize the swelling and any hard/scar tissue, need time and patience (imo its the worst part).

Offline mieleki

• Posting Member
Great result, although  a mild condition that can be dealt easier if the plastic surgeon is qualified and expert. In your case it was for sure.
I dont see any swelling, but its hard from a picture to understand. As Geoff88 said, compression is the hint to minimize the swelling and any hard/scar tissue, need time and patience (imo its the worst part).

I think that my swelling is very mild as I can only feel it by touch. Although I am not exactly sure if it is swelling or not, it just does not feel 100% right and I have fully regained sensation in all parts of my chest beside the nipple areas.

I have a very small lump behind my right nipple that developed about 2-3 weeks after the surgery and has not changed ever since - hence I thought this might be a scar tissue. Nothing dramatic though, it's almost invisible :)

I was told by my surgeon that I can easily put the compression vest down after 4 weeks as my case was not severe. Liposuction was performed only due to the cosmetic effect of it, my surgeon suggested it was simply better to even out the differences after the gland has been removed.

Offline res.Cogitans

• Bronze Member
To be honest, most surgeons say to wear it for up to 5 weeks, but every case is different.. Surely it wont hurt you to wear it (at least at home, or at night, every night though). 
Mine surgeon, gave me some instructions in the beginning, which said to wear it 2-3 weeks. BUT, when i told him i have hard tissue under my right areola, he told me to wear the compression vest PLUS a sponge to the area for more compression for as long as i could.. and yes, after one day you can see results (you can see it by yourself). But if you stop wearing it, after some hours it comes back, because its too early and the fluid/tissue find the empty area and fills it.. So you need to wear it as much as possible for many weeks, 24/7 up till the skin attract to the muscle and no gap is left).
I wear it the last 2 weeks, and im 5+ weeks post op.. I will manage to wear it at least 3-4 weeks more.
If you press the area and you dont feel any pain or you dont feel uncomfortable, if you cant find any hard area, if you dont feel any fluid under nipple and your skin is soft as it was before, then i advice you to contact your surgeon (with good quality photos) and to ask your most concerns that you have.. But be sure, that any creases in time (after months really) will minimize.. and if you will do excercise the healing period, after 5-6 weeks of surgery, they will minimize a lot more.

Offline Geoff88

• Posting Member
Yep, read the post and apply firm compression, its up to you - if you want to try to eliminate the hard areas then try very firm compression.  If you prefer to have the hard areas, do nothing ;)

https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=32360.0

All the best!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024