Author Topic: Surgery Techniques  (Read 1439 times)

Offline Tweety93

• Posting Member
Hello everybody,

There are some places of the upper body where you can place the incisions to do a liposuction for a gynecomastia surgery.

My question is where is the most aesthetic unnoticeable place so you afterwards very hardly notice the scar.

to my knowledge there are some options.

1. lateral area
2. front area of the chest near the middle of the chest wich my surgeon done unfortunately because he told me there are no other options :/
3. and of course the most aesthetic i think, armpit area.

If you choose one please tell me the reason why with a little explanation if this is not too much want.

I´´ll we be thankful for any answers merci :) 

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
For the most common type of gynecomastia (80%) I prefer the Lateral Pull Through technique, which uses a single incision (1.5 cm) at the lateral side of the chest as the only incision. I think it is extremely difficult, if not impossible to do this from the axilla. The majority of surgeons however continue to use a small incision along the lower border of the areola. You should choose your surgeon based on results and then let him / her do their thing with whatever incision they use to get their results. Good luck.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

Offline Tweety93

• Posting Member
Thanks for your answer. With armpit access i mean something like this. My surgeon told me that lateral scars dont heal very good and can not be hidden from chest hair so he made the incisions in the middle of the chest below the beginning of the chest muscles. Was he right?

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
It looks like you have gotten a very good result. The scars will be very small and should heal well. I'm not sue what your concern is?

Offline Tweety93

• Posting Member
My concern is that i have still puffy nipples and after getting informations from this website i also have 2 unnecessary scars in the middle of my chest i mean thats a surgery with aesthetic goals why whould a surgeon do incisions like that? He told me that's the only way it works general. I feel uncomplete and fooled.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024