Author Topic: Post op results  (Read 1224 times)

Offline kalashnikov

Hello!
I had real gynecomastia and had 3D liposaction, no cuts was made ( I was surprised, because I was sure that lipo can't get breast tissue out - can it?).
I had very big swelling and bruising, but now is almost 4 weeks and it still seems like I have boobs. I'm worried that my surgeon hasn't take all out. Also seems like my skin is "wrinkled".
I can't see my doctor yet, as he is in vacation, but I am worried. Please can some expert tell me, if this is ok or I will need to make a revision?
Lipo was made in Latvia.
Here is pics I made minute ago:

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
I virtually always perform excision in conjunction with liposuction.Glandular tissue is not removed to a significant degree with liposuction alone. Attempts at liposuction alone are the most common reason that I see secondary cases from other surgeons.The cases where only liposuction was performed typically require excision of the residual glandular component at a secondary date (revisional surgery).
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline kalashnikov

Before surgery, I asked my surgeon, how he will remove breast tissue and he said - "If it will be necessary, I will make excision around areola."  But he didn't do that. How can he know, if he takes all out?
Also ultrasonography showed that I had very small amount of breast tissue or it doesn't change anything?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
It would be helpful if you would post some pre-op photos for comparison.  However, based on the post op photos that you provided, it would appear that the results show an incomplete removal of the excess tissue.  Gland excision is needed in almost all cases.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
I agree with Dr. Jacobs. it looks like you have had incomplete removal / correction. xperienced gynecomastia surgeons uderstand the need to be prepared to remove the glandular tissue which is nearly aways present. Incomplete removal seems to be the most common complaint discussed on this website.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024