Author Topic: Survey on developing and living with gynecomastia  (Read 10634 times)

Offline Cisco

• Bronze Member
A few year ago we conducted a census of the members about their experiences with having gyno and wearing bras.  Perhaps it's time to conduct an update on the survey.
1. At what age was your onset of gynecomastia? Was there any additional growth after the initial onset and to what extent?
2. What was the primary cause (ie unresolved hormone imbalance as a teenager, side effect of medication etc)
3. At what age did you begin to experiment with wearing a bra, at what age did you begin to wear a bra regularly, what is your current age?
4. What is your bra size?
5. What is your preferred style of bra?
6. What do you see as the benefits to wearing a bra?

hammer

A few year ago we conducted a census of the members about their experiences with having gyno and wearing bras.  Perhaps it's time to conduct an update on the survey.
1. At what age was your onset of gynecomastia? Was there any additional growth after the initial onset and to what extent?

My teen year, but never really payed attention to it! In my early 30's  I noticed extra growth and started to wear a bra off and on. Then in my mid 30's I lost my testicles so they grew like well watered weds!

2. What was the primary cause (ie unresolved hormone imbalance as a teenager, side effect of medication etc)

Don't know why as a teen, but after my vasectomy,  my testicles died, they rotted and had to be removed. The doctor figured that after my vasectomy my auto immune system attacked them as a foreign body because they no longer worked normal.

3. At what age did you begin to experiment with wearing a bra, at what age did you begin to wear a bra regularly, what is your current age?

Early 30's, 40's I'm now 59

46H

Soft cup, full figure

Comfort and support, prevention of under breast rash!

aboywithgirls

A few year ago we conducted a census of the members about their experiences with having gyno and wearing bras.  Perhaps it's time to conduct an update on the survey.
Onset 11 years old. Wearing a bra fulltime at 14.
2. What was the primary cause (ie unresolved hormone imbalance as a teenager, side effect of medication etc

Idiopathic. 
Started wearing a bra at 12 and fulltime at 14 I'm now 43.
36G or H in most of my bras. 
Underwire, full cup, molded cup and cut & sewn cups.
Comfort and support and shape and overall aesthetics. 

Offline chestyoldman

• Silver Member
[font="Open Sans", sans-serif]1. At what age was your onset of gynecomastia? Was there any additional growth after the initial onset and to what extent?[/font][/color]
I was diagnosed after a mammogram at age 63, I think. However, looking back I realize I have had puffy nipples and slightly enlarged breasts since my teen years. Fortunately, I was never kidded about it, although I felt somewhat self-conscious because I realized I was larger than other boys. Since I wasn't all that athletic there wasn't much occasion to be topless in front of other kids except at the swimming pool, but still not teasing, thankfully. I have had only slight growth since diagnosis.
[font="Open Sans", sans-serif]2. What was the primary cause (ie unresolved hormone imbalance as a teenager, side effect of medication etc)[/font][/color]
I have no idea what the cause is, and I don't plan to delve into it unless they just grow huge.
[font="Open Sans", sans-serif]3. At what age did you begin to experiment with wearing a bra, at what age did you begin to wear a bra regularly, what is your current age?[/font][/color]
I began experimenting with wearing a bra occasionally within about 6 months of diagnosis, but my wife wasn't supportive at that time. I began wearing a bra regularly at about 64, and I wear one every day now. My wife finally fully accepts that I wear a bra. I just turned 66.
[font="Open Sans", sans-serif]4. What is your bra size?[/font][/color]
I wear 38B to get a good fit in the cups, but I have to also have an extender in order to fit around me.
[font="Open Sans", sans-serif]5. What is your preferred style of bra?[/font][/color]
I only wear underwire and mostly T-shirt type bras. My preferred bras are Bali's "ultra light" collection because they provide good shape and seem to be cooler than most other T-shirt bras I have tried. Bali also seems to fit me best.
[font="Open Sans", sans-serif]6. What do you see as the benefits to wearing a bra?[/font][/color]
Comfort and protection for my nipples! I like the fact that nothing moves as much when I wear a bra, and I especially like the fact that if I hit or snag a nipple on something there is some protection. I especially hate driving without a bra because the seatbelt really irritates my nipples.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
12 years of age.
Puberty.
Started at the age of about 28.  I wore a binder, similar toa modern athletic bra.  It was not worn all the time, only when involved in active sports to control bounce.  I am currently 80 years of age. 
46 B
Athletic.
I have never felt the need of a bra for support, except when involved in rigorous activities when the bounce control is a real asset.   Obviously at my current age I am not too much into athletic pursuits. 
Grandpa Dan

Offline littes

• Posting Member
12 years old. It kept growing during time. I had a couple of huge burst at 16 and 21.
Hormonal imbalance
First experience at 13/14 then during teen years (never regularly). After 21 started to be more regular ending with final acceptance also due to the increased size.
40D
Sports, minimizers, full cup
Comfort and concealment. For example I would stop bouncing with my hands (running, stairs etc...) and minimizers are good for concealment.

Offline manndy

• Posting Member
A few year ago we conducted a census of the members about their experiences with having gyno and wearing bras.  Perhaps it's time to conduct an update on the survey.

1. At what age was your onset of gynecomastia?

In my mid twenties.

Was there any additional growth after the initial onset and to what extent?

Yes, I am currently a 36dd

Hormonal imbalance

Age 27, I needed to wear a bra fulltime.  I am 39 now.

36dd

Bali, Maidenform and Olga - underwire, full cup and seamless styles.

Support, shaping and comfort - A good sports bra is essential when being active with sports or working out.

I was wondering how sensitive others are?  Mine are very sensitive and that has become a perk, in most ways, except when my high beams come on and show through my top when I am out!

Offline HopiArizona

• Posting Member
Unknown
Abt 30 now 50
38D
Bali
Keep me frm bouncing, moving to much

Offline HopiArizona

• Posting Member

1. At what age was your onset of gynecomastia?

In my mid twenties.

Was there any additional growth after the initial onset and to what extent?

Yes, I am currently a 36dd

Hormonal imbalance

Age 27, I needed to wear a bra fulltime.  I am 39 now.

36dd

Bali, Maidenform and Olga - underwire, full cup and seamless styles.

Support, shaping and comfort - A good sports bra is essential when being active with sports or working out.

I was wondering how sensitive others are?  Mine are very sensitive and that has become a perk, in most ways, except when my high beams come on and show through my top when I am out!

Nipples always sensitive. Always a strange constant elect feeling inside breasts. Always seem to be growing some. Sometimes obvious. Maybe they will stop getting bigger? Are yours still growing now?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Sensitivity comes and goes.  At times it can be quite erotic. 

Offline djdj

• Posting Member
1. not sure but before high school.
Yes, tons more growth every year, then I took a medication near the end of high school .. and it got wayyy worse.  Hasn't stopped growing yet..

2. don't know .. never been to a doctor .. but i went on a medication when i was near the end of high school and that def feels like it made them grow *way* more.

3. I've never worn a bra.  25 years old.

4. 34JJ

5. don't know .. never worn one yet

6. don't know yet .. for stability I guess.  I think it's going to make them way harder to hide with a bra.

steven618

1. At what age was your onset of gynecomastia? Was there any additional growth after the initial onset and to what extent? 24, growth stalled quite quickly but when I turned 30 it began to grow more. 
2. What was the primary cause (ie unresolved hormone imbalance as a teenager, side effect of medication etc) Idiopathic is the cause i was given. Seen 2 endocronologists and a GP who can't pin point the issue. Blood levels come back in the normal range and they can't figure it out, they tell me it's more common than I think but i feel thats just to give me false comfort
I began wearing a bra halfway through age 30 when I began noticing on the forklifts at work i was bouncing and would get sore. I would wear. My wife is not appealing to the idea so I quit wearing them and tossed them out. I began developing more toward 31 and just gave in and bought a few comfort sport bras from walmart and a couple other padless bralettes on ebay victoria secret and other brands that were cheap for sale for around the house and yard work. I wear one fairly regularly unless I know the wife and I will be with one another all day than I go without as I know her reaction will not be pleasant. I am currently 31 as of this past june.
4. What is your bra size? 36A/34b
5. What is your preferred style of bra? comfort bras like barely there, or bralettes
6. What do you see as the benefits to wearing a bra? comfort, compression in some cases, confidence in others knowing i am not showing a droopy chest appearance. I'd rather have a slight rounded projection than the braless boobs going from eachother look. Just hate how noticeable the cups become even in padless but stlil provides a sense of security
[/quote]

Offline CrewdsX

• Posting Member
1.  When I was 11 I started growing a pointy breast. And it become larger and at 15 years old. It looks like a teenage woman breast.

2. I don't know since I didn't go to doctor but I feel like it was hormone imbalance.

3. At 15. I asked to my mom if I could wear a bra. She agrees with me because it become uncomfortable now. I'm 15 now and started wearing bra daily. I experiment wearing bra at 15 and start wearing at 15.

4. 36C, 36B or 38C

5. I mostly wear non padded bras and sports bra. My sister also buy a different kinds of bra to see if it looks good on me like push up bra, sexy bras etc.

6. Mostly comfort. I wear non padded bras and t shirt bra at home because they feel very comfortable but make my breast look rounder. I wear sports bra outside because it flattens my chest and look less noticable in shirt. But its not very comfortable.

Offline HairyKnockers

• Bronze Member
At what age was your onset of gynecomastia?  Somewhere around 12 or 13, it “peaked” around 14 and leveled off in size.

Was there any additional growth after the initial onset and to what extent?  Yes in middle age, after inguinal hernia surgery, I noticed they increased again.  I think the size is again somewhat stable.

What was the primary cause?  Originally puberty, later on age combined with what at least 2 doctors believe a not very well performed hernia surgery.

At what age did you begin to experiment with wearing a bra, at what age did you begin to wear a bra regularly, what is your current age?  I have never worn a bra; I did wear like a compression shirt sort of thing for running and activities like that.  When I was younger I was crazy enough to run a couple 5Ks, I would practice with like an ace bandage around my chest because my nipple would become irritated and start to bleed.  Age now is 65.

What is your bra size?  Not sure, I was mostly about a “B” cup.  But my wife says lately they are bigger than “B” but that is because I have put on some weight.  I am on a diet and they haven’t gotten any smaller yet, but I am only down 5 pounds or so.

What is your preferred style of bra?  I don’t have a preferred style—except on my wife.

What do you see as the benefits to wearing a bra?  Support for breasts and back.  I haven’t worn one but have contemplated it because of back issues.  I do wear a compression shirt with a suit or “double breasted suit” would take on a whole new meaning.  For my daughter’s wedding several years ago I got a very tight one to fit for the wedding, worked well to fit the tux.

Offline Reluctant

• Posting Member
1. At what age was your onset of gynecomastia? Was there any additional growth after the initial onset and to what extent?  58 +/_ 2 yrs
2. What was the primary cause (ie unresolved hormone imbalance as a teenager, side effect of medication etc)  Medication
3. At what age did you begin to experiment with wearing a bra, at what age did you begin to wear a bra regularly 62, what is your current age?  68
4. What is your bra size?  40B & 40C depending manufacture
5. What is your preferred style of bra?  Hanes Women's Ultimate Back Smoother Foam
6. What do you see as the benefits to wearing a bra?  Helps in the sag and bounce.  I feel more comfortable wearing a bra.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 01:41:21 PM by Reluctant »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024