Author Topic: I had mine done at a dermatologist office.  (Read 1872 times)

Offline EdwardHart

I had mine done at a dermatologist office. It was very inexpensive and I am completely happy with the results. I had the problem on my right side only. The doctor cut around my nipple and removed the tissue and sewed it back up, leaving no scar. There was some swelling, and fluid build up for the first few weeks, but after that no one could tell I ever had it. I've shown a few people and they still cant see it. The sensation is different, and I would say my right side is more sensitive, but other than that no complaints. I would definitely do it again. 

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You took a chance to save some money -- and perhaps you lucked out.  But for others who are reading this, be aware that dermatologists are not trained surgeons.  There are things that can occur during surgery that they have no inkling of how to deal with.  And then you are out of luck.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Dr Jacobs is totally correct.  That is not a chance I would have taken. 
Grandpa Dan

Offline EdwardHart

This is incorrect.  I didn't choose to have a dermatologist do the surgery just to save money though I'm glad I didn't pay some expensive plastic surgeon a lot of money when it wasnt at all necessary.. I talk to the doctor and he explained everything about my condition and what he would do to address it and it all sounded great to me. The doctor had done this minor surgery many many times before. I had this done in a hospital and not in some back room somewhere, and it was very very safe. Things can go wrong with expensive plastic surgeons just as easily as anyone else. Check into having a dermatologist surgeon do your surgery guys. It isn't necessary to live with this just becasue you can't afford a high priced plastic surgeon. It's a fraction of the cost of a high priced plastic surgeon too. I would compare my results to the most expensive plastic surgeon anywhere. AND I'm so glad I didn't have to pay some plastic surgeon a lot of money when it wasnt at all necessary. 

You took a chance to save some money -- and perhaps you lucked out.  But for others who are reading this, be aware that dermatologists are not trained surgeons.  There are things that can occur during surgery that they have no inkling of how to deal with.  And then you are out of luck.

Dr Jacobs

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
It sounds like you had a pretty mild case of gynecomastia on one side only.  I'm glad you got a good result.  I occasionally have patients with a small amount of breast tissue that can be excised under local anesthesia, but that is the exception. Most men need a combination of liposuction and tissue excision requiring general anesthesia, and many men have a lot of tissue to remove. Believe me, dermatologists are not trained to do this.   Don't minimize this surgery by recommending that men go to a dermatologist.  
Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024