Author Topic: Are swelling and hard lumps normal in healing from gynecomastia surgery?  (Read 3169 times)

Offline qtji

I had gynecomastia surgery 4 weeks ago. The first week, with the compression binder and foam, my chest looked great and was flat. At 3 weeks, my surgeon said it was okay for me to stop wearing the compression binder, and also to go back to the gym to do cardio, with a restriction on lifting until 6 weeks post-op.

I still sleep with the compression binder on, and my chest looks pretty good in the morning. But I notice it doesn’t look as it did the first week — there’s some swelling and a couple of areas where there seem to be hard lumps. At the end of the day, it definitely looks more swollen than it does when I first wake up.

Is this normal in the healing process? Why did my chest look so good the first week and now looks sort of lumpy? Is it scar tissue? 

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
What you're experiencing is completely normal. I recommend that my patients massage the treated areas after surgery and this helps with the lumps and swelling, but it's a gradual improvement. You should speak with your surgeon about it. 
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024