Author Topic: My Surgery With Dr. Lebowitz... (10 months)  (Read 5485 times)

Offline gynopatient23

I decided to make this thread as I was always on this forum, just as a lurker, never a poster. Anyways, let me tell you that i was VERY self conscious about my gyno and despite living next to the beach, I wouldnt even go. I tried everything to get rid of it. I worked out every day but soon found out that was a lost because I grew bigger pecs making it look much worse through shirts. I spent countless dollars at an endocrinologists office and was prescribed letro, adex, nolva, etc and none of that worked. Just got nasty side effects and the glands remained the same.
Finally, when I turned 18, I went against my parents will and scheduled my surgery with Dr. Lebowitz. We had a face time consultation and he knew right away i'd be a gland only case. I scheduled several months in advance to my surgery (april 6, 2017) and was both nervous and excited. I've never had a surgery before so "going under the knife" was a crazy thought to me. When I walked into the office, I was the only patient there, which he said is how keeps things in order to maintain a positive 1on1 experience with the patient and himself, and of course the nurse. A few hours later, I was walking out of the office, and didn't even feel a single thing.
So, its been 10 months and it looks like it never even happened (in a good way of course). Here are the photos (taken at 6 months post op, I look similar at 10 months just have bigger pec muscles)

The pic of me in the gym was taken at exactly 1 month post op and then the rest are 6 months post op.

Offline gynopatient23

Offline bluestrudels

• Posting Member
Hey, I've been a lurker in this forum for years too. Thank you for posting your pictures and sharing your experience with Dr Lebowitz. Your post-op photos and results looks really good, very minimal scarring.
Lately, I've finally saved enough financially to actually get the surgery done. Do you mind sharing the cost of your surgery in total? From consultation, to the procedure and post-op on meds/supplies such as the compression vest.
I made a consultation appointment for Feb 16, and the nurse on the line quoted me roughly $9k just for glandular excision. 

Offline gynopatient23

Hey, I've been a lurker in this forum for years too. Thank you for posting your pictures and sharing your experience with Dr Lebowitz. Your post-op photos and results looks really good, very minimal scarring.
Lately, I've finally saved enough financially to actually get the surgery done. Do you mind sharing the cost of your surgery in total? From consultation, to the procedure and post-op on meds/supplies such as the compression vest.
I made a consultation appointment for Feb 16, and the nurse on the line quoted me roughly $9k just for glandular excision.

I paid slightly less than that back when I had mine done. But thats the cost for everything including garment and any post op check ups or steroid injections for scar tissue. Also a guarantee if it ever comes back (it wont/shouldnt). The only other expense is the supplements he has you take prior to the surgery which is vitamin k1, bromelain, and sinech. Also, he gives prescriptions for anti bacteria cream and pill, valium, and pain meds. My insurance covered everything besides like 12$ for those.

Offline bluestrudels

• Posting Member

I paid slightly less than that back when I had mine done. But thats the cost for everything including garment and any post op check ups or steroid injections for scar tissue. Also a guarantee if it ever comes back (it wont/shouldnt). The only other expense is the supplements he has you take prior to the surgery which is vitamin k1, bromelain, and sinech. Also, he gives prescriptions for anti bacteria cream and pill, valium, and pain meds. My insurance covered everything besides like 12$ for those.

Great! Thank you! This is very helpful.

You metioned steriod injections for scarring, did your case happen to have any bad scarring that you needed the injections?

It's great that he guarantees his work, not alot of plastic surgeons do that, and they usually charge you a for any revision surgeries but at a discounted cost. But we are still talking about thousands of dollars here which is crazy. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024