Author Topic: My first bra fitting  (Read 7290 times)

Offline SideSet

I was welcomed, told come right in, ask for Elizabeth.

When I arrived, I was instantly recognized and warmly greeted.  Elizabeth asked what size bra I had on, and quickly added she immediately noticed as I was walking in that it did not work for me.  I said I was wearing a cami with a built-in shelf bra.  She looked surprised, and said "we will take care of that, honey."

Elizabeth led me to a fitting room, had me take my top off, but leave on my cami.  She measured around at the base of my breasts and said 39, so let's start with a 40, but we can maybe try some 38s, too. Then she explained she was going to measure around the fullest part of my breasts, right where my nipples are, to get my cup size.  She said I was a DDD, but she might also try a DD and a G.  She said "Sweetie, you are way too big to go around braless, way way too big."

Elizabeth explained that it was unhealthy to have all that unsupported weight.  She told me my breasts probably weigh 10 pounds, and said I must be having some back pain, which I said I was.  She also said if I kept going without support, I was going to get saggy, and nobody wants that, and then the only thing for it would be surgery.  She said all that movement must be uncomfortable, plus it does not look good, and the other women will talk about you, especially when you high beam.

Elizabeth then brought me some bras to try on.  She said she would normally start off a "person" with a wirefree bra, but she thought I needed the extra support of an underwire.  I noticed she said person and not woman, which I thought was nice of her.  She then said she normally waited outside while "people" tried on their bras, but if I was comfortable, it might be better if she stayed in and helped me, since I was new to wearing a bra.  I said no problem; men go around all the time with bare chests.  She giggled and  said "don't be silly. You can't go topless unless you want to start a riot."  She laughed at her own joke.  It was all kindly said, and I laughed with her, and she said your cup size is bigger than over 90% of the women who come in here.  G is our biggest cup, and you are about there.  But you are tall and well-proportioned.  She explained that she was a G cup, 32 G, and only 5 feet tall, so "think about all the stares and comments I get."

I took off my cami and my breasts sprang free. Elizabeth looked at my breasts.  She was very professional and said it's no big deal for a woman to see "somebody else's" breasts. Yours are semi-self-supporting, which is good, especially for your size."  She did note that they were sagging some, but not bad.  "Not bad yet, but if you keep going braless, your nipples will end up pointing at your feet."  She also noticed that my nipples were a bit chapped.  She explained that was from rubbing on the inside of my tops because of all the jiggling and bouncing.  She told me she had worse nipple chafing when she was breastfeeding; Try having a little one always chomping down and sucking on your nipples.  She told me, when I was done here, to go to Motherhood Maternity next door and get myself some Lansinoh cream and stick-on medicated nursing pads and that would take care of it.  She said the cream was thick and a bit sticky and the pads would help also keep my bras clean.  She said the stuff was fabulous and she could not have kept breastfeeding without it, and that breastfeeding is the most rewarding experience.  She then said, if you think your breasts are heavy now, imagine how it feels to have a half cup of milk in them. Oh, my God, what a relief when you express it out.

Elizabeth said enough for now about good breast health, let's show you some bras and have you try them on.  She said, after looking at me, she thought she knew what might work best and said she would be right back with some bras for me to try on, and left  me standing there topless.  She came back with a handful of bras, and with me still barebreasted, she started explaining Soma's different lines of bras, Memorable, Embraceable, Enticing Lift, Enhancing Shape, Sensuous Sides, Vanishing Back.  Then she walked me through the different styles, full coverage, demi, balconette, pushup, plunge, minimizer, t-shirt, sports, bralette,, and nursing. And then the types of cups, molded, padded, lined, unlined, sheer.  And the straps, traditional, racerback, halter, convertible, strapless.  She said, " I know it is a lot to absorb.  There is no quiz at the end.  Today we will try some that I think are best suited to the shape and size of your breasts.  And you will have plenty opportunity to learn because you are going to be coming in here a lot building up your bra collection. So don't worry and let's have some fun."

Elizabeth handed me a bra, said put it on, and I will help you adjust. As I was slipping into the straps, she said "that is a racerback. I love them, stay in place, look nice and smooth, but a little tricky to put on, huh, not to worry, you are going to get a lot of practice until it is second nature. It is front close, so that is easier than contorting yourself to hook in back."  As I was closing the front clasp, she said "Lean forward and let your breasts hang down, settle, and center in the cups.  Putting on a bra is the only time gravity is a girl's best friend.  All other times, we fight it."  Then she told me to stand up straight, reach my hand into the opposite cup and adjust my breast, lifting it up, centering my nipple, and filling the cup.  That is "scoop and swoop."

Elizabeth adjusted the straps, checked the band, said I am going to have to touch you a little, and ran her finger inside the top of each bra cup.  She had me look in the mirror. I caught my breath.  She said. "I know. Wow, huh?  That bra looks great on you.  It fits you like it was made for you.  That is a DDD cup, dear, and you fill every inch.  That is why I ran my finger inside the top of the cup.  To check. I am impressed. How does it feel?"  I said I was speechless.  She said, "Honey, you have a stunning bust."  She asked if I felt supported? I said yes.  Everything held in place?  Yes.  She said to notice how compared to when I was braless, it now nicely shaped my breasts, round and full and how the upper part of my breasts now looked fuller also.  How nicely lifted my breasts were compared to braless.  I agreed, I guess enthusiastically, because she said, "sexy, huh?"

Elizabeth said for me to try my top with it.  She then said see how much better you look.  Bust lifted, round, full, firm, and, with your height, in proportion to your body.  Then she hesitated, and giggled, "Well, you are a bit big on top, dear, but notice that your waist now looks smaller, like you just lost 10 pounds or put on some good shapewear."

There is more, but I have probably written way too much already. Here is a picture of that first two bras, a Soma Memorable Full Coverage in mochachino and a Soma Stunning Support Balconet in pale iris, both in 40 DDD.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 05:49:27 PM by SideSet »

Offline Busty

I could have read more LOL.  What a wonderful experience.  Elizabeth sounds like an angel.  Sounds like you learned a lot and had fun like she said.
Tell us all about Motherhood Maternity!
How do you now feel about having breasts and needing to wear a bra?  Since this topic is in Acceptance and your first was in the general, it sounds to me as if you have accepted and maybe even embrace and enjoy having breasts.  And you sure have big breasts!
Those bras look great on you and you in them.

Offline SideSet

Busty, since I put on my first bra I have felt totally different about my breasts.  It is amazing.

Offline Busty

I am guessing you feel like a woman with big breasts feels.

aboywithgirls

Busty, since I put on my first bra I have felt totally different about my breasts.  It is amazing.
That will definitely happen. I was 14 when I started wearing a bra and by the time I was 16, I was wearing a bra fulltime. They were mostly hand me down bras from my sister. I needed a bra. Finally, I asked my mother for some new bras. She was very hesitant to take me bra shopping but she did. I had bras that I was fitted for and that I picked out and I liked. I remember changing the way I felt from a bra being something that I had to wear to something that I wanted to wear.

Offline SideSet

That is exactly it, ABWG!  Now that I am regularly wearing a bra, breasts have gone from being something I was embarrassed by to something I am proud of.

Offline expedient-traveller

• Silver Member
SideSet, That has got to be one of the odd things about having breasts. With the acceptance and a good bra for support, we come to the point of feeling ownership and sometimes pride over our breasts. I have received complements from numerous women about my breasts and their shape and it really gives me a sense of pride in what I have. These things grew on my chest and they are nicely shaped. Why should I not be proud of them...since I have them. Be well all!

Offline Busty

I think expedient traveler said it perfectly.  I love it when a woman compliments  me on my breasts or says she is amazed or impressed     

« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 09:21:20 AM by bustymale »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024