Author Topic: how bad is my gyno?  (Read 1502 times)

Offline gynoguy34

Hi, new here.. Do you think I should get surgery for breast and nipple reduction?  I very much like the sensitivity, and worried I may lose that if I have surgery.   Im often self conscious to remove my shirt in public. Any advice is appreciated.

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
Hi, new here.. Do you think I should get surgery for breast and nipple reduction?  I very much like the sensitivity, and worried I may lose that if I have surgery.   Im often self conscious to remove my shirt in public. Any advice is appreciated.

Hi Gynoguy,

It comes down to aa simple yes or no answer.  Either you are one of guys who will throw their life away because they have nipples and a little breast growth.  According to autopsy studies 50% to 70% of men have mammary gland growth.  Each year 0.01% to 0.02% of men have breast reduction surgery.  That is more or less 1% lifetime incidence,  It has all the risks of any other surgery.  I had a friend die from anesthesia before the surgery actually started.  My father had a small botched surgery that left him in the hospital for months with brain damage and ruined the last 10 years of his life. 

First my advice, whatever else I may say, is do what will make you happiest considering risk, that for many of us as soon as we got real medical problems the breasts became completely unimportant.  For me that was age 24 when a truck ran through a red light and tried to break me in half sideways.  I had married the woman I met in college who had founded the school nudist club.  I had skinny dipped all my life.  By 20 we were doing nude water skiing with groups of friends.I found that when everybody is nude and vulnerable to body shaming is that nobody did so and we all realized that we had  "normal" bodies..  The price of an operation can buy 10 years membership at a nudist club.  Accept yourself.  Your body is just a body.  Take care of it well and you might live longer and better.

7th grade was misery.  I had the only C cup breasts amongst the boys, and bigger than most of the girls too.  I ended up 100% of the time on the skins no matter how the picking algorithm (count off by 2 or 4 or 6 or 5 or whatever was needed for me to end up skins.  The gym teachers all demonstrated they could count.  We all had our assigned standing number painted on the floor done alphabetically.

I became a high expert skier and taught and paroled professionally. Nobody cared what my body looked like under all the clothing needed for 40 below temperatures.and the girls liked the ski pros.  So I am going to the nudist resort this summer.  The big decision - do I cut it all off?  Which "it"?  Body shaving of course.  I have for 10 years or so but the arthritis in my hand is making shaving of any kind a real pain.

I think overall a person is likely to be happier in the long run, not worrying about growing over and over again and having multiple reduction surgeries.  Worrying about "they will see the scars and KNOW I had the breasts so I can 't take my shirt off ever in front of anybody and can't tell them why".  Its the same old saw about the breasts and nipple situation to the extreme response, give up much of life and lie about why transferred to the scars.

Be happy with your body.  Mine has a lot of wear and tear and it doesn't look great and never did.  I'm more concerned about how it works and how much pain it produces..  You couldn't pay me to have an unneeded surgery now.  The antibiotics could damage or kill me. Healing the surgery will cost me something else as it always does.  Good luck.

Offline gynoguy34

Thank you so much for your reply Alchemist. You are very inspirational.  I like your confidence and journey to self acceptance. You have a great prospective on whats really important which is overall health.  As someone approaching my late 40's, that's becoming clearer.  Best of luck to you!

hammer

I had gynecomastia as a teen, then after a vasectomy I lost my testicles! I was in my early thirties then and after that my breast grew like well watered weeds, but I also found out I had 20 years or more of untreated diabetes due to a blood disorder that masked the usual A1C test for diabetes! That lead to a host of new health issues that took control of my life, not to leave out the part of ending up with 46H size breast!

I'm on vacation camping with our portable lake home (toy hauler camper) so if you would please go to ( my story after all these years) in your story area and you can read more of why I find having big breast is really no big deal!

Good luck to you!

Bob
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 06:46:48 PM by hammer »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024