Author Topic: Scar tissue after gynecomastia surgery, kenalog shots efficacy  (Read 1222 times)

Offline Carlos9102

Hi! 
7 months ago I got a gynecomastia surgery (gland removal, liposuction and areola reduction). The first 3 weeks my chest was completely flat but, right after I took the compression vest off in the week 4, the nipples went puffy back again overnight. Both the doctor and I were pretty sure that it was scar tissue and not residual gland. So he scheduled my for Triamcinolone (Trigon Depot) injections. So far I got 1 injection in my left nipple and 5 injections in my right side, being the last one of 0.6 cc amount.
To be honest, I think it has improved but VERY  little. I don't know if it all in my head or its been a real change. I´m very desperate because it´s been 7 months and, even after the shots, it´s still there!
Can scar tissue resolve on its own over time? If so, how long does it take? 
According to my research, kenalog injections should make a bigger impact than they made in my case? Is that normal? Should I get more injections? What are the side effects?
I wanna finish with this nightmare once for all but I do not want a revision surgery. What Can I do? What are my options?
Thank you so much for your help!!

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
Kenalog comes in different strengths and can be mixed differently as well. It can take multiple injections to get to the end point. I do not inject any more frequently than every 6-8 weeks. If the steroid injections will work you should see a significant change after one or two injections.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024