Author Topic: First Doc Visit  (Read 1201 times)

Offline Luvmyboobs

• Posting Member
So, my breasts have gone from barely an A to a definite B in the past few months. I had never even heard the term "gynecomastia" before this, so never really thought that much about it. Because of the recent growth, I decided I should see a doc if for no other reason than to rule out anything that might kill me.

Lots of blood work later, seems like all the usual stuff (cholesterol, sugar, blood count, etc.) is normal, but both testosterone and estrogen are elevated. I expected the estrogen, but I figured the T would be low. Any ideas or experience on having both be elevated?

Anyway, I'm being referred to an endocrinologist and I have a baseline ultrasound and mammogram scheduled in a couple of weeks. Any advice or experience would be appreciated. 

It was really easy for me to accept my breasts at this particular stage in my life, but that doesn't mean I know what to do with them, especially when it comes do dealing with medical professionals. 

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
  • If you gat um flunt um.
I had shown by breast to my doctor several time and he said nothing and it wasn't until I wore a bra to an appointment that he said anything.  And I swear to God that he yelled gynecomastia and ran out of the room and it was about 30 seconds before he came back in.  I very angered at the display on his part. At MY request he sent me to Endocrinologists who did his job to the least of his abilities.  He could/would not tell me what the estrogen levels meant.  So I have just been on my own now even though I changes doctors.  My breast hurt from now and then but never any growth. And I do not think the doctors care unless you about a DD cup.

I was sent to my former doctor to get checked out at the breast canter and the technician insulted my by saying that I did not need to wear a bra. But after the test she did come back I did not have cancer (no big surprise there) but I did have gynecomastia.

But since then every thing went quiet on the breast growth front.  I guess I am like those teenage boys who get it then it dies out after a couple of years.  I can only hope it comes back.
If you got them flaunt them.  We all wear bras so wear what you like and to hell with the rest.

Offline Luvmyboobs

• Posting Member
That's been my fear - that the docs would not be the best in their approach to the situation or that they would have the "when do you want to schedule the surgery" mindset. I've had that in the past with other issues. So far it's been what I would describe as "routine." Even the imaging unit has been matter-of-fact about getting me scheduled. Personally, I'd appreciate a little more information and explanation. We'll see how it goes with the endo after the holidays.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024